John Prine RIP

RIP John.
Only saw him live once, late 90s, fantastic. Lots of his albums, great memories, very sad.

He was on a 19/11d Atlantic sampler LP years ago.

Sam Stone ( came home).Good song,underrated was John

RIP
He was on a 19/11d Atlantic sampler LP years ago.

Sam Stone ( came home).Good song,underrated was John

RIP
Just heard it again on you tube,powerful stuff for the period.

Last edited:
I need to look into his stuff. Have a lot of friends in Nashville and everyone’s talking about him. Guessing it’s more country, so not as prevalent over here. Sounds like he was a lovely bloke though, and will be very sorely missed.

So sad, intelligent, witty songwriter. He had agreed to do a tour of really small venues years ago and was lined up to do The Ropery of all places but cancelled due to a cancer scare, was gutted and that was the nearest I got to seeing him, you can tell by the people who held him in high esteem (Kristofferson, Springsteen) how good he was. RIP John

So sad, intelligent, witty songwriter. He had agreed to do a tour of really small venues years ago and was lined up to do The Ropery of all places but cancelled due to a cancer scare, was gutted and that was the nearest I got to seeing him, you can tell by the people who held him in high esteem (Kristofferson, Springsteen) how good he was. RIP John
The Ropery had a spell when they were getting some excellent niche artists, saw Caitlyn Cary and Hazeldine (with Neal Casal in their band) there.

Back