Status
Not open for further replies.

A very good mate of mine, and always gives us a mention,

His first match at Sunderland was as a guest of Jimmy Ramshaw who was

chairman of North Biddick WMC, and a staunch Sunderland fan,

He still comes up to the odd match with me when he's not doing exhibitions,

Any local chesterfield lads will know we get in the Vic at brampton for a

practice a couple of afternoons a week.

Why has this legend never been asked to do the half time lottery draw?

You and John Lowe owned it bud? Halfers like?

No, there was a gang of us, (6 at one time) John was a chippy by trade,

I was a bricky, so we overseen/done most of the work,

He did the first telly 501 nine dart finish anarl IIRC

He has the class and dignity one would expect from a Sunderland fan. While Jocky Wilson would be shitfaced and vulgar on camera ie a typical mag, Lowe was a true gentleman of the tungsten. A veritable Lord of the oche.

He lost a shit load of weight a few years ago, see him knocking round town quite a lot.

He has the class and dignity one would expect from a Sunderland fan. While Jocky Wilson would be shitfaced and vulgar on camera ie a typical mag, Lowe was a true gentleman of the tungsten. A veritable Lord of the oche.

Funnily enough, Wilson played pairs with a Southwick lad for years and years when he lived in Gateshead and played local league for Troys

A very good mate of mine, and always gives us a mention,

His first match at Sunderland was as a guest of Jimmy Ramshaw who was chairman of North Biddick WMC, and a staunch Sunderland fan,

He still comes up to the odd match with me when he's not doing exhibitions,

Any local chesterfield lads will know we get in the Vic at brampton for a

practice a couple of afternoons a week.

Saw him a couple of times in there for exhibitions. Never knew he was one of us though. Jimmy was a class bloke an'arl.

Funnily enough was gonna suggest to the lad from 73 magazine off ere (dangly ham?) do a piece about him a few months back, am sure he'd have some stories from being a Sunderland through the years that might fit in with the retro aspect of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back