John Lowe Sunderland Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Twisty

Central Defender
The old darts pro was on talk S this afternoon when asked about playing a charity match in Newcastle he mentioned he was a big Sunderland fan.

All them years watching him and jockey Wilson, an bristow, never new he was a Sunderland fan.

Can we add him to our list of celebrity fans!!!

Sorry if it's a Larson

old stone face.. my favourite player ever, was cool as fck.( if dart player's can be cool ) canny chuffed he's a fan of the lad's like.:-D

old stone face.. my favourite player ever, was cool as fck.( if dart player's can be cool ) canny chuffed he's a fan of the lad's like.:-D

He came right out with it, soon as the scum where mentioned. Was driving and thought "go on John lad". Pity it was right at the end of his interview, as he never said anything else.

The old darts pro was on talk S this afternoon when asked about playing a charity match in Newcastle he mentioned he was a big Sunderland fan.

All them years watching him and jockey Wilson, an bristow, never new he was a Sunderland fan.

Can we add him to our list of celebrity fans!!!

Sorry if it's a Larson

yes he we can have him as a celebrity fan anyone who is a world champ is very welcome to join the red & white army .the coolest darts player of his generation. ha way the lads

A very good mate of mine, and always gives us a mention,

His first match at Sunderland was as a guest of Jimmy Ramshaw who was

chairman of North Biddick WMC, and a staunch Sunderland fan,

He still comes up to the odd match with me when he's not doing exhibitions,

Any local chesterfield lads will know we get in the Vic at brampton for a

practice a couple of afternoons a week.

A very good mate of mine, and always gives us a mention,

His first match at Sunderland was as a guest of Jimmy Ramshaw who was

chairman of North Biddick WMC, and a staunch Sunderland fan,

He still comes up to the odd match with me when he's not doing exhibitions,

Any local chesterfield lads will know we get in the Vic at brampton for a

practice a couple of afternoons a week.

Did he run a bar down there? I'm sure I've been in a few times.

Been down the mile a few times aswell.

Brilliant, used to love 'Stone Face' battling Bristow and Wilson.

Saw him a few years ago at the Circus Tavern and, even though he was very much a past master and his scoring was erratic, he psyched out Peter 'One Dart' Manley to such an extent he almost knocked him out.

A brilliant night, made all the more better now knowing he supports Sunderland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did he run a bar down there? I'm sure I've been in a few times.

Been down the mile a few times aswell.

Yes, we bought the old Furnace Inn in 1992/3, done it all out and called

it the "UNICORN" (after the darts co.) we had it for about 5/6 years but

never made a lot out of it, its changed hands a few times since we had it and its

closed at the moment,

He came right out with it, soon as the scum where mentioned. Was driving and thought "go on John lad". Pity it was right at the end of his interview, as he never said anything else.

He was on Talksport earlier talking about the Bolton game, how much we needed the points etc with H&J.

the rash cavelier said:
Yes, we bought the old Furnace Inn in 1992/3, done it all out and called

it the "UNICORN" (after the darts co.) we had it for about 5/6 years but

never made a lot out of it, its changed hands a few times since we had it and its

closed at the moment,

You and John Lowe owned it bud? Halfers like?

Me old man beat him in a exerbision match years ago 2-1 then mike Gregory beat me dad 2-0 in the final

I do a bit of darts stuff for the Echo and when the League of Legends came to the Rainton Meadows Arena few years back, they gave me his number and asked me to ring him up do an interview looking ahead to the darts on the night. I mentioned this to a mate of mine and he told me about Lowe being a SAFC fan so i thought it would be nice to slip into the article. He did confirm he's a fan and how he came about supporting us through his friend who set exhibitions for him in the North East. Ended up on the phone to him about an hour mostly talking about football. He also said he's a subscriber to SAFC TV and seemed very knowledgeable about SAFC things past and present

Last edited:
I do a bit of darts stuff for the Echo and when the League of Legends came to the Rainton Meadows Arena few years back, they gave me his number and asked me to ring him up do an interview looking ahead to the darts on the night. I mentioned this to a mate of mine and he told me about Lowe being a SAFC fan so i thought it would be nice to slip into the article. He did confirm he's a fan and how he came about supporting us through his friend who set exhibitions for him in the North East. Ended up on the phone to him about an hour mostly talking about football. He also said he's a subscriber to SAFC TV and seemed very knowledgeable about SAFC things past and present

He's becoming a bigger legend by the minute. Even bigger than Dave Stewart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back