John Lewis in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a pay slip from 10 years ago and our monthly pay has hardly gone up. Our union reckon it's something like a 20% pay cut in real terms.

No the f***ing wonder pubs and shops are struggling if that sort of slashed pay is pretty much across the board and I dare say a canny big factor in the plebs voting leave.

The Tories have fucked this country up good and proper. How anyone can vote for the çunťs is beyond me...
See this is what all the morons advocating pay cuts and austerity are too f***ing stupid to realise. There is a massive knock on effect re the economy and tax take, Osborne was a clueless fuckwit.

See this is what all the morons advocating pay cuts and austerity are too f***ing stupid to realise. There is a massive knock on effect re the economy and tax take, Osborne was a clueless fuckwit.

The horrible slimey kernt wasn’t even that bright !!:evil:

I went into town this afternoon to have a mosey around with my Christmas money. It was pretty dire. House of Fraser running half the sho down, Debenhams on its arse, even TK Maxx has zip all of any substance.

A thoroughly depressing trip out overall.
HoF Worcester will be staying open apparently, mind the do need some stock......they got the nod the week before xmas so FMA must have cut a deal on the rent.....wonder what my chances are:lol:

Another high street name gone, it’s going to be a long year for the high street

Greenwoods collapses into administration for second time
Who wrote that? Greenwoods was not in the Bridges.

I went into town this afternoon to have a mosey around with my Christmas money. It was pretty dire. House of Fraser running half the sho down, Debenhams on its arse, even TK Maxx has zip all of any substance.

Which town?

You went into Town? We don't have a HOF anymore.

These companies go under because people longer choose to buy stuff from them.

Short of either just giving them money or forcing people to buy their stuff, then what is it that people want to keep them going?

And why should we want to keep shops that people are turning away from afloat anyway?

Of course, where the government is making life more difficult for them with high business rates and more and more regulation it could get out of the way and that would help, but fundamentally you can't force more people to shop at John Lewis or Debenhams or wherever and that's the only thing that will return them to viability.

They've had a good Christmas:

John Lewis Christmas sales jump
Thats sad but not unexpected.
City and town centres will one day become just full of eating and other leisure places as shops shut one after another. Maybe some niche shops and high end shops in certain centres will survive. The internet, low wages and high unemployment are the reasons, plus large out of town shopping centres and retail parks.

HoF Worcester will be staying open apparently, mind the do need some stock......they got the nod the week before xmas so FMA must have cut a deal on the rent.....wonder what my chances are:lol:

Slightly related. I can’t fathom how Cavendish House (HOF) continues to escape closure as I’d imagine the new John Lewis in Cheltenham has, at least for now, further depleted footfall going to that store.

Slightly related. I can’t fathom how Cavendish House (HOF) continues to escape closure as I’d imagine the new John Lewis in Cheltenham has, at least for now, further depleted footfall going to that store.
place is falling down n'all and needs huge cap ex investment n'all. Used to live and have a shop in cheltenham(in the beechwood where JL now stands) so know it well and was convinced that JL would be the death of them. Possible that they own CH and so have no rent liability? Or it wll go in the new year either way I cant conceive of a situation were CH remains viable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back