John Lewis in trouble

I was looking at this earlier...

Their rebranding is shite, John Lewis & Partners doesn’t make me want to buy from them any more than anywhere else to be fair. Also a price guarantee isn’t the way forward either.

Something radical needs to change, ASAP.

I notice Mary Portas has crawled under a rock.

99% down? I smell bullshittery accounting- actually not even that just dickhead journalism

I'm guessing this rebrand may have had some significant investment behind it.

Still

It's a canny headline

There are certainly reasons behind it, like the rebrand and development of infrastructure. It was talked about on 5Live's Wake Up To Money this morning and the opinion was that it's not a sign of them being in trouble.

As a rule of thumb business that we don't need are struggling and the businesses we do need are making profits.

So Toys R Us, Maplins, Pubs, House of Fraser, M&S, BHS, Debehams and the rest, realise that we don't really need their goods and prices.

Aldi, Lidl, Sports Direct and the supermarkets are profitable as we do need to eat and buy the basics.

When you go to the Bridges you have to walk through Debenhams and it's like a ghost town, racks of £50 polo shirts and ladies shoes "discounted" to £150. As you walk around most shops are quiet until you hit Primark and it's heaving.

People just dont have the spare cash for luxury items these days and the businesses that don't react to that will be gone quite soon.

Last month I went to the town to buy a certain pair of trainers for one of the kids, after visits to 6 sports shops I found that they didn't have them and 2 even denied they were made in that size. I walked back to the car and bought them online and had them delivered the next day for £10 less than the advertised price and it took about 2 minutes to sort. Guess what I'll do next time.

Their rebranding is shite, John Lewis & Partners doesn’t make me want to buy from them any more than anywhere else to be fair. Also a price guarantee isn’t the way forward either.

Lets ditch what we have done since we started. I wouldn't price match with internet mind.

Get emails saying we've price matched an item
You open it and nowt is there ?!

Back