Joggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard Starmer this morning saying he will support the Govt if they ban outdoor exercise, lets hope it gets brought in soon.

They aren't runners they are selfish people.

Anyway had a great one this morning. Never came with 3m of anyone. Hopefully didnt slaughter anyone's granddad.
But but but what about the ways this virus works that only exists in people heads?

Think about what you are doing ffs. I bet you needed a drink when you got home and turned on the tap. If you trace your pipework back towards the source, you will find your tap in your safe little kitchen is directly connected to everyone elses. How is to say that this virus can not travel over metal work? While you had a cooling drink you would not have needed if you had not got out of bed, Ethel down the road is now in serious trouble.

Or you could be sensible and live life by the best knowledge we currently have of this virus. It might not be 100% fact but it is the best we know so far.
Just heard Starmer this morning saying he will support the Govt if they ban outdoor exercise, lets hope it gets brought in soon.
Does that mean he wants to ban outdoor exercise or does it mean if the government are advised by their scientific advisers that outdoor exercise is a bad thing and we should put a stop to it, then is is not going to argue against scientific advice if the government do not either?

I suspect the latter, which does not point to an issue if done sensibly.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s people exercising that is the problem. It’s the difficulty in policing the lockdown when people are allowed out to exercise, gives the idiots an excuse for going about their business as normal

No but every health expert advises exercise essential for mental health of the nation.

Its the virus that is killing people which is the priority, of course exercise is a good thing but its a national emergency situation, and as pointed out its outdoor exercise which is the issue, not indoor exercise.

This is what I meant yesterday, they dont mind 30mins to an hour, but when people take the piss and do half and full marathons its taking a lend. People then see "runners" and "bikers" and think how come they get to do their hobby and then do their thing outside. Theres the risk of people being hurt and taking resources up.

Last edited:
I was on the bus to work this morning. Around Fatfield Bridge area, there were about 40 dog walkers, joggers and couples out walking in the space of a couple of streets. None of them were teenagers either. First bit of sun and everyone flocks to the same area.

This is what I meant yesterday, they dont mind 30mins to an hour, but when people take the piss and do half and full marathons its taking a lend. People then see "runners" and "bikers" and think how come they get to do their hobby and then do their thing outside. Theres the risk of people being hurt and taking resources up.

That must be why Starmer mentioned it also.

I was on the bus to work this morning. Around Fatfield Bridge area, there were about 40 dog walkers, joggers and couples out walking in the space of a couple of streets. None of them were teenagers either. First bit of sun and everyone flocks to the same area.
Deffo where you do it is important.I said on earlier post we run up and down our back lane at 7 30 am and dont see a soul.

Bearing in mind it would affect people’s mental health, including mine, it would be a bad idea. I guess that is why they are loathed to do it.
This exactly. Those with mental health issues need to get out. It would be cruel to keep people inside. I’m dreading them making this decision.

Still, the shops are only a walk away.

I do want to add I run myself, everyday... Ill be devastated if they lock it down but totally understand why. I also agree with it.
This exactly. Those with mental health issues need to get out. It would be cruel to keep people inside. I’m dreading them making this decision.

Still, the shops are only a walk away.

But then they dont want the public just wondering to the shops to get out.

Its cruel to keep people inside, its crueler to to put them at risk as there are no beds in hospitals.

Got to think of bigger issue here. Itll kill me sat in house, putting weight on but rather do that than be in bed 'cos I cant breathe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back