Joggers

Outdoor exercise wont be banned because it spreads the virus it will be banned to stop the idiots congregating. If the government ban it my fledgling running career will be on hold but I'm happy to comply.
Spot on. And the reason they let us exercise is because it both helps the immune system, therefore fights the virus, and it will help prevent other non-virus deaths in the longer term. The people who have taken the piss have a lot to answer for.

I was driving back from a supermarket the other day and the lights turned red to let a jogger cross. I noticed he wasnt wearing gloves.

So a jogger, sweating, touches the pedestrian crossing button to get across... a then unknown victim can come next, maybe someone walking back from the supermarket, touches the same button to get across the road and becomes infected as a result.

Jogging in this instance is not necessary and could potentially cause an additional transmission route.

Should be limited to local areas where they cannot touch anything at all from leaving their front door to returning.
Absolute horse shite.

What if a pensioner who’s been to the shops touches the button after they’ve wiped their nose? A runner who is carrying anti bacterial them cleans their hands but touches the button so as to get across.

People who exercise are not the problem. The majority I have seen are out alone and keep out of the way.

Absolute horse shite.

What if a pensioner who’s been to the shops touches the button after they’ve wiped their nose? A runner who is carrying anti bacterial them cleans their hands but touches the button so as to get across.

People who exercise are not the problem. The majority I have seen are out alone and keep out of the way.

A pensioner would only be there (or should only be there) out of necessity and essential. A runner is there "just because". Its not rocket science.

You're also speculating all runners wash their hands before pressing the button and that is, as you would say, "horse shit".

Last edited:
A pensioner would only be there out of necessity and essential. A runner is there "just because". Its not rocket science.
A runner is there for fitness reasons, mental health reasons and because government guidance says they can. Also, out of interest are you getting upset at dog walkers, normal walkers too or is it just runners who you are getting your panties in a twist about?

A runner is there for fitness reasons, mental health reasons and because government guidance says they can. Also, out of interest are you getting upset at dog walkers, normal walkers too or is it just runners who you are getting your panties in a twist about?

I brought this up because of an earlier post in which I stated upon driving back from an essential shopping trip that a runner pressed a pedestrian crossing button with no gloves. Runners can avoid these crossings if they choose their route wisely.

A pensioner would only be there (or should only be there) out of necessity and essential. A runner is there "just because". Its not rocket science.

You're also speculating all runners wash their hands before pressing the button and that is, as you would say, "horse shit".

Where did I say all runners you whopper? Do all runners press a button to cross? I’d say the vast majority do not. And if pedestrian crossing buttons are questionable, then where do you draw the line?

It seems like your singling our people who dare to exercise. As one of them I’ll be continuing to do so. It is essential to my health.

Where did I say all runners you whopper? Do all runners press a button to cross? I’d say the vast majority do not. And if pedestrian crossing buttons are questionable, then where do you draw the line?

It seems like your singling our people who dare to exercise. As one of them I’ll be continuing to do so. It is essential to my health.

I go for a run mate, I apologise if that's came across wrong. My point and as I clarified in a post earlier is that we need to be planning routes effectively and imo, a route in which we have to touch things, such as the crossing, is not what we should be doing. Plan routes where no contact is required...

I go for a run mate, I apologise if that's came across wrong. My point and as I clarified in a post earlier is that we need to be planning routes effectively and imo, a route in which we have to touch things, such as the crossing, is not what we should be doing. Plan routes where no contact is required...

I should be apologising. My response was out of line.
I agree. Exercise should be planned so that you’re keeping your distance.

I’ll continue to follow government guidance and at the moment this says exercise, so jogging, is ok. but I’ll do it responsibly - not drive, only do an hour, and keep my distance from the few people I see.
mom no more irresponsible than anyone walking or walking their dog, or going shopping more than once a week.

Well collecting food and going to work is far more essential than going for a random walk or jog. Any way we can cut down on the contact is a bonus at the moment so far me, they need to stop outdoor exercise. Plenty routines can be done indoors to get daily exercise.
What about outdoor exercise without any contact? I didn't get within 20 meters of anyone when walking the dog a couple of hours ago.
I brought this up because of an earlier post in which I stated upon driving back from an essential shopping trip that a runner pressed a pedestrian crossing button with no gloves. Runners can avoid these crossings if they choose their route wisely.
I didn't see this before my previous reply. So, you saw one runner press a button and now you want all outdoor exercise banned?

Last edited:

Here we go, if somebody has a different opinion lets attack them, that'll teach them.

Back