Jofra Archer

Didn't he play under 19s for WI? That could be why there was the delay. The lad from Bermuda (also British) who batted well v us in the T20 (for Derbyshire?) is another to keep an eye on.

To be fair we are just getting the same rules as everyone else

I don'tthink if you have a British passport you should have to wait 7 years to play, its aa strange rule which doesn't apply to any other job
I know what you’re saying. But he’s a product of the WI system. Passports being chucked about (I know it’s not the case here) can make a mockery of international sport

I wonder how many of the Qatari team in 2022 are Brazilian....

UAE, Oman and Hong Kong sides consist almost exclusively of foreign born players which I imagine boils the wee-wee of nations competing against them for World Cup places/ICC funding.

Interesting

I like to judge players based on what I see rather than what others say. Only seen him in 20/20 and I saw him glide in and look a world beater but sometimes he went around the park and couldn't land a yorker.

I'd give him ago in some of the one dayers before the world cup, but players can get built up.

I'd say without doubt he will be a one day star for England, but too early to say on red ball, and ashes talk is premature when we have a world class seam lineup for these conditions.

Its exciting though I must admit, you can suddenly see life after Jimmy and Broad. Woakes, Stokes, Curran, Archer, options there and they all bat!

ECB gets a lot of criticism but something in England is going right to produce all these all rounders.

Interesting

I like to judge players based on what I see rather than what others say. Only seen him in 20/20 and I saw him glide in and look a world beater but sometimes he went around the park and couldn't land a yorker.

I'd give him ago in some of the one dayers before the world cup, but players can get built up.

I'd say without doubt he will be a one day star for England, but too early to say on red ball, and ashes talk is premature when we have a world class seam lineup for these conditions.

Its exciting though I must admit, you can suddenly see life after Jimmy and Broad. Woakes, Stokes, Curran, Archer, options there and they all bat!

ECB gets a lot of criticism but something in England is going right to produce all these all rounders.

We didn't produce Archer though, he came here for commercial reasons (I'm guessing).

Yeah fair enough, but the rest we did. Producing some good cricketers, I really think the best way is what Ed Smith is doing, pick the most talented guys and then try and make test cricketers out of them.
I suppose much of the credit must go to Strauss- he was the one who appointed Smith and the England management team. ECB directorate remain clowns imo.

I suppose much of the credit must go to Strauss- he was the one who appointed Smith and the England management team. ECB directorate remain clowns imo.

Yeah absolutely,Strauss has done really well

He has focused on the one day stuff and revolutionised that, he got there in the end with the test side but I was disappointed he didn't act sooner, it was clear that selection was behind the times, he admitted as much when he took over, but then did nothing about it

Should have been innovation sooner

See how Smith goes, good start so far, although I question the selection of Denly

He has focused on the one day stuff and revolutionised that, he got there in the end with the test side but I was disappointed he didn't act sooner, it was clear that selection was behind the times, he admitted as much when he took over, but then did nothing about it

See how Smith goes, good start so far, although I question the selection of Denly
I think Denly was a horses for courses option for SL because of the leg spin option and we're not exactly spoilt for choice with early order batsmen.

Took a punt on Denley, had a look up close, wasn't all that, therefore never picked. Not all thinking out of the box works - so no problems from me. Didn't compound it by picking them, and we smashed both series.

Will the new rules let us call up Renshaw? Best opener in Australia, after Warner, just scored 345 in Brisbane grade match and constantly snubbed by the chain draggers

Will the new rules let us call up Renshaw? Best opener in Australia, after Warner, just scored 345 in Brisbane grade match and constantly snubbed by the chain draggers

Can't as played test cricket

They still seem obsessed with the marsh brothers

Back