Joe Root at 3

Maybe worth ago, but not convinced he is a number 3 like, almost players a shot a ball.

Its like batting Pietersen at 3.

I like Root as a batsman however he wouldn’t be my choice for skipper....

Aye 100%, I said it at the time like, wasn't a popular view.

He isn't a number 3, and not sure why people suggest he is

this line that "your best player bats 3" is the biggest f***ing lie in cricket spouted by all the media

they quote Viv Richards and Ponting, how long ago were they?

KP, Smith, Kohli, ABDV, Clarke

none of them bat 3 :lol:

this line that "your best player bats 3" is the biggest f***ing lie in cricket spouted by all the media

KP, Kohli, ABDV, Clarke

Tend to agree that it's bollocks. He's not much of a four on current form though, either. He's bang out of form.

Well that worked well.

England have always worked better with a conservative, grinder at number three.

Playing a shot player there is the Australian approach.

Tend to agree that it's bollocks. He's not much of a four on current form though, either. He's bang out of form.

He just looks a middle order player to me

It just annoys me that so many ex player quote that line unchallenged

Viv Richards man, what the fuck relevance has that got with anything?

Well that worked well.

England have always worked better with a conservative, grinder at number three.

Playing a shot player there is the Australian approach.

100% agree, most countries do to be fair. India too.

KP, Smith, Kohli, ABDV, Clarke

It's not a question of your best player batting at 3 (agree that's been bollocks), it's a question of a key postition not been filled by rookie players with little experience, which is what has happened for England over the last couple of years.

Meaning both little runs has been scored in that postition, and the fragile confidence of them players been severely dented.

The bottom line is out of all the options available to England at the moment Root is by far the best fit at 3 imo.

Now if we had a experienced confident and consistent player at 3 like India do for example it would be a total different matter.

It's not a question of your best player batting at 3 (agree that's been bollocks), it's a question of a key postition not been filled by rookie players with little experience, which is what has happened for England over the last couple of years.

Meaning both little runs has been scored in that postition, and the fragile confidence of them players been severely dented.

The bottom line is out of all the options available to England at the moment Root is by far the best fit at 3 imo.

Now if we had a experienced confident and consistent player at 3 like India do for example it would be a total different matter.

I'm not sure he is, he is a bit of a liability at 3 IMO

Back