Joe Kinnear

Cracking fella, couldn't dislike him even when managing that lot. RIP Joe, a canny player and proper old school bloke.

He was certainly one of footballs characters, something that is sadly lacking in the modern game and did a great job at Wimbledon. I hope he's remembered more for that than his ill-fated spell at Newcastle. RIP 🙏 🕊

Proper old school football character. That wasn’t a bad Wimbledon team he had either, I know they were renowned for being bruisers but there was some skill in that team and they never recovered when he left.

That’s class
It wasn't this, but gives you an idea of what he was like:

He looked mental before the game and just bullied us to fuck throughout. Our players just seemed to bounce off him and he was well up for it.

I must have been thinking of a different game though as didn't play in the home fixture.

Last edited:
Fashanu was a proper nasty bastard. Theres that famous one where he fucked Gary Mabbutt over but sure he done the same to a Sheffield Wednesday player where its documented he elbowed him, stayed down himself, got stretchered off, got off said stretcher in the dressing room and said thanks lads

Fashanu was a proper nasty bastard. Theres that famous one where he fucked Gary Mabbutt over but sure he done the same to a Sheffield Wednesday player where its documented he elbowed him, stayed down himself, got stretchered off, got off said stretcher in the dressing room and said thanks lads
But coined the Awooga catchphrase so not all bad.

Back