Jobe Bellingham

Thought he had his best spell in red and white for a long time after he was dropped deeper to play alongside Neil.

Seems very slow and lethargic when he’s playing in the 10. Id like to see him start alongside Neil at the weekend, With Aochiche in the 10.
We don't need to sitting midfielders, and when Ekwah and Bellingham are on the pitch we look so lethargic and never threaten teams.
Soon as Ekwah goes off and we press up the pitch we look a much better team.
Rigg now one of the first names on the team sheet.

Just watching "Stick to Football" on YouTube and Ollie Gunnar Solskjaer is the guest. He's talking about when Jude Bellingham was looking round Man united.
OGS said he was very mature for a 17 year old and was looking for so many minutes (guaranteed) on the pitch.
This got me wondering if Jobe has followed his brother's lead and negotiated that as part of his deal..🤷
Almost nailed on.

He's holding other player back imho. Playing him week in week out is to the detriment of the club
Holding 2 arguably 3 players back. Rigg, Adil and DN. 2 don’t get minutes and they both gave us the polar opposite of what Bellingham has offered in the AM positions when they did. Having seen him dropped deeper albeit for about 20 minutes I think project Bellingham needs a re think. Dodds may have found the answer. I don’t think he’d be brave enough to start developing him as a 6 though.

Anybody with eyes in their head can see he’s not a number 10.

He has practically no attributes that suit the role

He’s much better suited to being a box to box midfielder
I can’t understand where the num 19 thing comes from either he’s to slow and not particularly creative

Very interesting that Solskjaer on the Stick to Football podcast said that when he met Jude and United were trying to sign him, that Jude's big thing was all about getting X amount of first team minutes.

I think it's pretty clear that Jobe has a similar agreement given the amount he has played this season.

Very interesting that Solskjaer on the Stick to Football podcast said that when he met Jude and United were trying to sign him, that Jude's big thing was all about getting X amount of first team minutes.

I think it's pretty clear that Jobe has a similar agreement given the amount he has played this season.
Didn't Jobe have that clause in his contract with Birmingham which is how we got him cheap? Almost certainly has that clause for us too.

how much is down to the club not knowing his best position.
The club know he's not a 10 but they are clearly trying to showcase him and he can't play in midfield as he's not ready and Neil and Ekwah are ahead of him, so instead we stick him in a position that he's completely unable to play, just to fit him into the team.

Holding 2 arguably 3 players back. Rigg, Adil and DN. 2 don’t get minutes and they both gave us the polar opposite of what Bellingham has offered in the AM positions when they did. Having seen him dropped deeper albeit for about 20 minutes I think project Bellingham needs a re think. Dodds may have found the answer. I don’t think he’d be brave enough to start developing him as a 6 though.
I’ve thought his best position would be a 6.
He’s not blessed with pace, but has a decent engine. He’s supposedly obsessed with information and tactically way ahead of his brother.
He’s fairly strong and is good at keeping possession with simple passes in tight spaces.

Thought he had his best spell in red and white for a long time after he was dropped deeper to play alongside Neil.

Seems very slow and lethargic when he’s playing in the 10. Id like to see him start alongside Neil at the weekend, With Aochiche in the 10.
He did bugger all in the first half of the mid week game. Kicked the ball four or five times after half time. Wandered around in both halves.
I’ve thought his best position would be a 6.
He’s not blessed with pace, but has a decent engine. He’s supposedly obsessed with information and tactically way ahead of his brother.
He’s fairly strong and is good at keeping possession with simple passes in tight spaces.
If he has no pace he has no use.

I think he was helped by the fact Leicester weren't pressuring us. He's poor facing his own goal under pressure but was allowed some space to make some sideways passes.

He carried the ball well and linked up well. But I think the way he is facing is critical to getting the best out of the lad.

I’ve been very defensive of the lad as I think the criticism has been unwarranted. But have taken on a lot of what others have said.

It’s true he does not have pace, and his first action is always to get control of the ball and make space to look up. Thing is in the final third you need to have quicker movement than that, release the ball quicker otherwise you are doing the opposition’s job for them in allowing them to regroup.

He is probably very similar to Ekwah as a player but I think will carry the ball better, is a better defender, better in the air and carries a greater goal threat.

I think him and Ekwah are fighting for the same position in the team. Rigg has to get that advanced position next season if not every game now, so the future is Neil Jobe and Rigg.

Last edited:

Back