Jobe Bellingham

He seems slow and legarthic because that's his style of play. It's just magnified and easily noticed when Ekwah is on the pitch alongside him because Ekwah is also slow and legarthic.

Both good players individually. Both look absolutely shite when playing together. Shouldn't be in the same 11.

It's absolutely criminal how long they've been in a midfield three together. The performance both from Jobe, and the team as a whole, after Ekwah went off has me hopeful that maybe we'll stop persisting with it and play either one or the other.

I’m still not convinced by him but not sure how much of that is down to him and how much is down to the club not knowing his best position.

Him and Ekwah in the same midfield just doesn’t work at all imo.

Yes and no. Not to be mean but I felt he only looked better because he was further back so unable to mess up and lose the ball like he does upfield. Second half he mostly made simple backward passes, which is at least better than losing the ball.

However, this was probably because Leicester offered no attacking threat whatsoever that half and didn't even attempt to bother him, we've seen previously in the season how badly he's struggled when teams put pressure on him as he's very slow, and more importantly in this case, incredibly weak.

Last edited:
Tbf to the lad, he's usually playing a different role every week, sometimes even changing mid game. He's just turned 18 and although the club says he's not fatigued, he clearly is and is being overplayed (probably to put him in the shop window for a quick turnover).

He seems slow and legarthic because that's his style of play. It's just magnified and easily noticed when Ekwah is on the pitch alongside him because Ekwah is also slow and legarthic.

Both good players individually. Both look absolutely shite when playing together. Shouldn't be in the same 11.

It's absolutely criminal how long they've been in a midfield three together. The performance both from Jobe, and the team as a whole, after Ekwah went off has me hopeful that maybe we'll stop persisting with it and play either one or the other.

I'd be inclined to agree with this.

Mind, it was canny funny when we broke in the first half with Jobe, and their player made up a good five yards on him. Nee pace whatsoever.

I've been saying this for ages, playing them both in the same midfield has been a massive detriment to the team this season & has had Dan Neil treading water covering for them both.
Interestingly, all this talk of Jobe having in his contract he has to play, I made a few comments yesterday morning on twitter about his poor form & his dad 'followed' me. That doesn't seem normal behaviour, felt like he was almost marking my card.

He's holding other player back imho. Playing him week in week out is to the detriment of the club
Just watching "Stick to Football" on YouTube and Ollie Gunnar Solskjaer is the guest. He's talking about when Jude Bellingham was looking round Man united.
OGS said he was very mature for a 17 year old and was looking for so many minutes (guaranteed) on the pitch.
This got me wondering if Jobe has followed his brother's lead and negotiated that as part of his deal..🤷

Last edited:
Anybody with eyes in their head can see he’s not a number 10.

He has practically no attributes that suit the role

He’s much better suited to being a box to box midfielder
TBF to the lad if you ask him that’s what he feels is his best position.

Much prefer him further back next to Neil. He athletic and has a bit of fight about him, a bit of nastiness that is sorely lacking in Ekwahs game.

Could we play a box midfield ?

Neil Jobe
Rigg Adil
Rusyn Mundle

Thing we are missing massively is Cirkin, Alese or Huggins for the left back slot

Back