Job Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live there full time, if that makes sense, but get a lot of time off so get to go away a lot. Basically my role is up for review, so I either take the pay off and do something I enjoy more, or go slightly upwards but miss the time off!

Haha, harsh but true. My flat that I rent just got sold too, so need to move out of there. All 3 things blew up at once.

No brainer for me, assuming you'll actually find it more enjoyable of course. I wouldn't see any point in moving slightly upwards but taking a hit on something you value. Then again, I am a lazy bastard so feel free to ignore this.

No brainer for me, assuming you'll actually find it more enjoyable of course. I wouldn't see any point in moving slightly upwards but taking a hit on something you value. Then again, I am a lazy bastard so feel free to ignore this.

I agree like. But I don't agree its lazy taking the pay off, that is the jump into the unknown, with no job! I'd argue lazy is just taking the job.

I agree like. But I don't agree its lazy taking the pay off, that is the jump into the unknown, with no job! I'd argue lazy is just taking the job.

You seem to spend a lot of time travelling about abroad, so I'd take the money and do something you enjoy. I know what you mean but I think a lot of people get complacent and just can't imagine changing jobs etc. When I said lazy, I mean I absolutely hate working so would take any sort of payoff so I could piss about in the sun/snow somewhere. That might not make sense reading that back but hopefully you know what I'm getting at! I don't have any kids or owt mind which would obviously change things.

You seem to spend a lot of time travelling about abroad, so I'd take the money and do something you enjoy. I know what you mean but I think a lot of people get complacent and just can't imagine changing jobs etc. When I said lazy, I mean I absolutely hate working so would take any sort of payoff so I could piss about in the sun/snow somewhere. That might not make sense reading that back but hopefully you know what I'm getting at! I don't have any kids or owt mind which would obviously change things.

Yeah makes sense mate, no kids for me either, its tempting for sure aye. Cheers for advice

I took a job with increased pay and responsibility recently but on my first day I had the shits and decided to ring in sick.

My gaffer rang my house (which woke up my poorly dog) and shouted at me down the phone saying I wasn't fit to wear the uniform etc.

I then told him he'd woke my dog (who is sick) and also I had burnt my dinner while on the phone to him which was the last tin of beans I had to eat for the rest of the week.

I took a job with increased pay and responsibility recently but on my first day I had the shits and decided to ring in sick.

My gaffer rang my house (which woke up my poorly dog) and shouted at me down the phone saying I wasn't fit to wear the uniform etc.

I then told him he'd woke my dog (who is sick) and also I had burnt my dinner while on the phone to him which was the last tin of beans I had to eat for the rest of the week.
I get the feeling you're talking shite

I live there full time, if that makes sense, but get a lot of time off so get to go away a lot. Basically my role is up for review, so I either take the pay off and do something I enjoy more, or go slightly upwards but miss the time off!

Haha, harsh but true. My flat that I rent just got sold too, so need to move out of there. All 3 things blew up at once.
Nah good luck to you mate. It'll all fall into place

Took a new position, bit of a promotion within the company but more hours.

Really regret it now. Got a start date in a month's time.

Pretty sure they would want me back in my current department, but can't be sure.

Not sure whether worth the risk just changing mind, feel shit as everything is already in motion.

Robbie is this you?

You seem to spend a lot of time travelling about abroad, so I'd take the money and do something you enjoy. I know what you mean but I think a lot of people get complacent and just can't imagine changing jobs etc. When I said lazy, I mean I absolutely hate working so would take any sort of payoff so I could piss about in the sun/snow somewhere. That might not make sense reading that back but hopefully you know what I'm getting at! I don't have any kids or owt mind which would obviously change things.[/B]
That sounds class having your own Dlorean and all that jazz.

On a serious note though London isn't that bad at all loads to see and do after work so it keeps it interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back