Job Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveAngel

Took a new position, bit of a promotion within the company but more hours.

Really regret it now. Got a start date in a month's time.

Pretty sure they would want me back in my current department, but can't be sure.

Not sure whether worth the risk just changing mind, feel shit as everything is already in motion.

I was kidding and that...but...you really regret it and feel shit...so it cant be that good, but hey who knows, nobody on here thats for sure

Took a new position, bit of a promotion within the company but more hours.

Really regret it now. Got a start date in a month's time.

Pretty sure they would want me back in my current department, but can't be sure.

Not sure whether worth the risk just changing mind, feel shit as everything is already in motion.
Tortoise head:lol:;)

Just go for it bud, when you said 'I think they want me back but cant be sure' suggests you're lacking in confidence. A jump to something else might help you in realising that theres plenty of people doing very well at doing things they dont do very well and getting paid handsomely for it. More to the point, its all in the mind, most people can do practically anything given practice and half a chance.

Just go for it bud, when you said 'I think they want me back but cant be sure' suggests you're lacking in confidence. A jump to something else might help you in realising that theres plenty of people doing very well at doing things they dont do very well and getting paid handsomely for it. More to the point, its all in the mind, most people can do practically anything given practice and half a chance.

Good advice.

Decent advice, its just currently work the odd night, so get loads of time off, and the trips away keep me sane

Working full time in London frightens me, and its not that much of a big step up, no doubts about I can do it or out.

Decent advice, its just currently work the odd night, so get loads of time off, and the trips away keep me sane

Working full time in London frightens me, and its not that much of a big step up, no doubts about I can do it or out.

So a regular trip v permanently working there?

I do the former n wouldnt fancy the latter but more to do with wife n kids, whats your situation Dave?

Why?

I was on the tools for 10 years until they practically forced me to take a management role. I was shitting myself as well basically because I was out of my comfort zone.
But it was the best thing I did - push yourself and you'll be surprised at how you will cope. You'll regret it forever if you don't.

And don't worry about London - I've had to work there sometimes for month's at a time and found that the standards are lower than up North because people are continually moving jobs.

Last edited:
I was on the tools for 10 years until they practically forced me to take a management role. I was shitting myself as well basically because I was out of my comfort zone.
But it was the best thing I did - push yourself and you'll be surprised at how you will cope. You'll regret it forever if you don't.

And don't worry about London - I've had to work there sometimes for month's at a time and found that the standards are lower than up North because people are continually moving jobs.

I live there full time, if that makes sense, but get a lot of time off so get to go away a lot. Basically my role is up for review, so I either take the pay off and do something I enjoy more, or go slightly upwards but miss the time off!

She binned him last week

Haha, harsh but true. My flat that I rent just got sold too, so need to move out of there. All 3 things blew up at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back