Jermain Defoe (no longer a rumour)

Probably SEB but his Instagram page has a video of Defoe running on a treadmill. Could be a subtle message to Johnson that he’s keeping fit.

More interesting about that one was the comment from Danny Graham saying “hope it goes well mate”… was about the same time rumors came out he was heading up this week. Ms Marple I know.

We never play 3 games a week, and there will only be 3 times the rest of the season where we will play 2 games a week

We have played regularly 3 games every 8 days if you wish to be pedantic. That we only have to do that 3 more times is great news. My point is still valid 2 games every 8 days on occasion 3 for 90 minutes ... we have to have a striker can do this AND score goals. Other wise season is blown if Stewart gets injured
I got on the bus after the match. There was bloke got on after me and he must have knew the driver. The driver asked him "Good match"? The bloke replied "No, it was a load of shite". He was probably right, it wasn't a good match. However, ugly wins are part and parcel of getting promoted. I sensed from the blokes tone he was alluding to us being shote rather than the game itself.

Said all weekend what do these fans expect, it’s football every game is a unique event and set of circumstances.
First half was very scrappy, second half I thought we played some nice stuff.
But we never looked like getting beat or conceding that’s a massive difference. But that comes at a cost, less flair more substance. We can’t have our cake and eat it .
God knows what the miserable sods would be like if we actually got beat. I suppose he at least was there

Last edited:
On his play style, a load said he couldn’t do the lone striker role when Allardyce came in.

Then he did.. magnificently if truth be told.

Aye he’s 39, but by all accounts he’s in good nick for his age, and you can imagine he still has the quality
the skill and instinct Defoe has you don't lose. You lose a bit of pace at that age, but he's in good shape for his age. He got 32 goals in 76 matches for Rangers. Almost one in two. At League One level - even with a few more years under his belt he should be able to manage that. That could be a massive difference to use in killing off games which we have struggled with. We are creating a lot of chances but there's too much pressure on Stewart as we saw when he went through his lean spell. We have a massive gap there with no Broadhead, and signing JD gives us time to find a more long term signing. I doubt very much we will get anyone near his calibre in January.

Just had a thought, remember when this thread was completely derailed by ‘OxfordFan1’ because he claimed to be ITK on their board and Defoe was being announced as an Oxford player on Friday? :lol: Our lads who give us actual info get dogs abuse but ‘OxfordFan1’ was absolutely golden:lol:

the skill and instinct Defoe has you don't lose. You lose a bit of pace at that age, but he's in good shape for his age. He got 32 goals in 76 matches for Rangers. Almost one in two. At League One level - even with a few more years under his belt he should be able to manage that. That could be a massive difference to use in killing off games which we have struggled with. We are creating a lot of chances but there's too much pressure on Stewart as we saw when he went through his lean spell. We have a massive gap there with no Broadhead, and signing JD gives us time to find a more long term signing. I doubt very much we will get anyone near his calibre in January.
It is good but goals per minute is a better guide as he didnt start all those games.

More interesting about that one was the comment from Danny Graham saying “hope it goes well mate”… was about the same time rumors came out he was heading up this week. Ms Marple I know.
Off topic, but this season Danny Graham has been all over our instagram, wishing players luck and that sort of thing. Would be out of order to tell him to fuck off?

Sign Defoe . Have two full game plans , play him 45 mins per game , first half get us in front .
Second half we play the way we would have if we hadn't signed him . Gets him his games ,nurses him through congested fixtures, rests others and we don't have to change what we're doing now in terms of youth and system progression.

Sign Defoe . Have two full game plans , play him 45 mins per game , first half get us in front .
Second half we play the way we would have if we hadn't signed him . Gets him his games ,nurses him through congested fixtures and we don't have to change what we're doing now in terms of youth and system progression.
Unfortunately with 3 subs we can't just waste one to fit him in . And yes I do wany him back like everyone else but its got to be for the right reasons

Unfortunately with 3 subs we can't just waste one to fit him in . And yes I do wany him back like everyone else but its got to be for the right reasons
Why , were always going to use 14, just make one of them him . Makes sense , Stewart can play up front alone in the current system if we need midfield or defensive subs ( and playing JD has us in front ) . At present were using AOB every game nearly .
Also I'm confident JD would do the full 90, or near as , if required in the odd game .

Back