Jeff Bezos

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen a thread on him, but he's making waves recently.

If his current net worth trajectory continues (+34% a year), he's going to become the first trillionaire in history.

It's sickening like how somebody could have so much wealth. He will have more than all but 16 countries in world.

Absolutely zero chance a company as big and developed as Amazon can continue on it's current trajectory of 34%.

I think when individuals get as rich as Bezos then at some point his motivation isn't getting richer but leaving a legacy and putting it to good use like Bill Gates is currently doing.

Amazon employs over 575,000 people. Assuming a 40 hour week, a $1/hour pay rise would cost the company over $1bn per annum.
So give $1 Trillion to one man instead of him taking a very large amount and paying his staff a better rate of pay with the rest, even a dollar an hour. He can`t even spend that in 1000 lifetimes.

So give $1 Trillion to one man instead of him taking a very large amount and paying his staff a better rate of pay with the rest, even a dollar an hour. He can`t even spend that in 1000 lifetimes.
He’s “only” worth about $140bn or so. If he started amazon by paying above the going rate in wages I doubt he would have got very far.

If he ever reaches that it won't be in liquid cash anyway, it'll be in the value of his assets.

A trillion dollars is 1,000,000,000,000. Keep half of that for himself which is far more than anyone can ever spend and is far more than what is a reasonable return for his work and investment.

Divide 500 billion between 575,000 workers would give each a lump sum of around $870,000. Divide that over 40 years would be an extra $22,000 a year.

Yes, I know much of his wealth is locked up in assets and is not liquid and these are a very simplistic look at basic figures but it does illustrate the obscenity for one man to hold so much wealth. It`s a failure of the capitalist system to effectively allocate resources. It is highly inefficient for the economy for that much wealth to be hoarded by one person.

I read that if every minute from 00ad he spent 2k per minute he still would not have spent all his money by today

Did a bit of a squint around using my access to resources shall we say.I got the decimal point in the wrong place.

Bezos owns 50 million shares in AMZN rounded ( actually 55 million).

There are 500 million shares on issue so he owns 10% ( 11%) of the company.The other 89% is of course shared around.

58% of the company is owned by pension funds We now have to work really hard to convince ourselves that all of those trillions in pension funds are an ' inefficient use of capital'.
Cash in hand is $ 49 billion

Debt is $78 billion.I wonder if Bezos wants to join in with the chorus of all debt should be cancelled and start again.The debt will be mostly held by pension funds in the shape of corporate bonds.The fixed interest portion of the well diversified portfolio.

Profit margin is 3.56%.

He will be very happy to continue to share that wealth with everyone.Now it will cost you around $2500 to buy a share in AMZN and be a part owner.

You don't spend that money then stop complaining.You pays your money,you take your chance.All down to the choices the individual makes.
30 seconds of further investigation gives

Share price in 2000. $50

Share price in 2010 $140

Share price in 2020. $2500

Share price in 2030 ?

We'll just twist on for 30 years shall we.Spend some money ,Yea sure.Jeff Bezos should just give me money,and I don't want to pay any tax on it either.

Last edited:
Haven't seen a thread on him, but he's making waves recently.

If his current net worth trajectory continues (+34% a year), he's going to become the first trillionaire in history.

It's sickening like how somebody could have so much wealth. He will have more than all but 16 countries in world.
All of these billionaires are abhorrent in my eyes. It should be completely unacceptable to hoard so much wealth.

Owning shares in companies is very different to actually having money, of course.

You only get rich by helping people and then continuing to help long after your death.
That’s a very interesting concept of how you get rich, no the wonder so many of us are poor, we haven’t sussed out how to help others when we’re dead but still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back