Jeff Bezos and Blue Origin.......

I find the Virgin and Blue Origin thing a bit shite as a 'trip to space'

I know it technically is but for £28m I'd want a proper orbit around the earth then back down again so it actually felt like a proper space trip.

Its a start I guess, I'm sure it'll develop into other things.
Aye sounds a bit shit. Mad how people are into completely different things mind. I was desperate to go to the Euro 2020 final, Bezos no doubt couldn't give a fuck about it. But there he is, git buzzing that he's flown a bit out of earth and come back down again, and I think it sounds f***ing rubbish. Still, as long as they're all happy I suppose

I would never tire of punching this fella. He's a vile human and a blight on humanity. Talks about how we are "all one" but would sooner spend £1bn on a rocket than do something of actual value. The tax avoiding baldy kernt.

The development of low cost methods of getting into low earth orbit has enormous value. The likes of Blue Origin, SpaceX and others are doing it much cheaper than NASA ever could

Considering the amount I spend on Amazon I probably funded a good proportion of the launch myself.

The development of low cost methods of getting into low earth orbit has enormous value. The likes of Blue Origin, SpaceX and others are doing it much cheaper than NASA ever could

Considering the amount I spend on Amazon I probably funded a good proportion of the launch myself.
I'm interested in that. What value? As I assumed this was just a vanity project.

I'm interested in that. What value? As I assumed this was just a vanity project.

Some of it is an ego race between the likes of Bezos, Branson and Musk. It's the latest plaything for someone with a few billion in the bank once you have a super yacht and a football club.

However, the launch cost per kg has fallen massively in recent years which makes access to space affordable for more countries and profitable for the private sector. Space tourism is not going to be mass market any time soon but if it can be used as a way of extracting a few million from the ultra-rich then that can be used to further R&D.

Some of it is an ego race between the likes of Bezos, Branson and Musk. It's the latest plaything for someone with a few billion in the bank once you have a super yacht and a football club.

However, the launch cost per kg has fallen massively in recent years which makes access to space affordable for more countries and profitable for the private sector. Space tourism is not going to be mass market any time soon but if it can be used as a way of extracting a few million from the ultra-rich then that can be used to further R&D.
I thought it may be of benefit to the world but a few billionaires going up in space is a waste of the earth's precious resources and should not be permitted. IMHO.

Bezos in my opinion is conducting his business in a desperate manner now. Yes, he is more than able to afford waivering a significant portion of the contract value awarded to SpaceX, but contract law and good business practice states you don’t simply buy contracts measured in multiple Billions with a view to steal a contract from your competitor. There are very few companies in the world who are so well financially backed who could do this and I also presume Musk has a very diligent legal team who have loss of profit written into his contract, so NASA will still have to pay them something if they choose to accept the offer from Blue Origin.
It stinks and I’m more pissed off that he does this so blatantly whilst also blatantly not paying taxes.

Taking a balanced view, Musk must respond and I’m interested in if he walks away on principle or enters into a bidding war.

I looked at Branson saying the same last week saying it was the first steps to making this affordable.

The f*****g idiot can’t even make trains affordable nevermind a rocket.

Back