Jeans economics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to always get Levis, but didnt last as long as some are claiming. Same as others, would wear out round the crotch. Have found the price has gone up in recent years, and now that im getting on a bit not really fussed with looking trendy. And my cheaper ones so far (apart from 1 pair) have lasted just as long.

Typically, I wear Levi's although I have a few Lucky Brand jeans as well. I don't really wear jeans often, though. Typically a nice pair of chinos (black or tan) are my choice for weekends. I have to admit that I still wear Dickies when I skate, I know, I know. But they have been the iconic skateboarding pants for decades. They can withstand scrapes and falls better than any other pants.

Walmart were selling levis for $20 or $25 cant remember exactly,i remember when Tesco bought a load of levi 501's and broke the price stranglehold by selling their grey imports dirt cheap.

Only supermarket jeans I do is black for work and to be fair they're great at the price
Levis,Jack n Jones at mo
My old ones are all too tight !

Have you met @Frijj?

He has a fair point mind. A big name brand very often means good quality but not always.

If you see no value in buying a pair of Levi’s for three times the price of another pair, then that money goes better elsewhere.

Perhaps you disagree mate but I usually buy cheap jeans (though not the bright blue supermarket ones) from New Look, River Island or H&M.

Best pair of jeans I ever had were from H&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back