• robcal

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Ghost of EH7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No entry from me this month, been ill and have nowt in the way of macro lenses. Searoad and Steeed get the thumbs up with a vote each.

Searoad - Lovely shaped droplet, just missed out on a vote.

clockstand pie chucka - Needed to be much closer for me, nice idea though.

taipeisafc - Does nothing for me.

tom tom macute - Nice texture, would like to see it closer.

Hue Jorgan - Doesn't hold me interest.

MalmoMakem - Doesn't hold my interest.

smoker - Doesn't hold my interest.

Elliot - Pretty standard droplet shot imo, like a stock photo.

peachbum - Out of focus, doesn't meet theme imo.

Steeeeed - I like this, reminds me of a Joy Division LP cover - VOTE.

MaDMaCKeM - Interesting but I can't tell what it is and there's no perspective reference.

wor kid telt me - Sorry but that is poor.

robcal - Lovely colours, interesting detail, I was expecting more flower shots this month - VOTE.

Ghost of EH7 - The big blurry area needs to be smaller imo, too much of nothing and subject doesn't hold my interest at all.

TiredEyes;11799306[B said:
MaDMaCKeM[/B] - Interesting but I can't tell what it is and there's no perspective reference.

Its a Weston Master III light meter.

Searoad, tomtom and steeed for me.

Searoad - Lovely shaped droplet, just missed out on a vote.

clockstand pie chucka - Needed to be much closer for me, nice idea though.

taipeisafc - Does nothing for me.

tom tom macute - Nice texture, would like to see it closer.

Hue Jorgan - Doesn't hold me interest.

MalmoMakem - Doesn't hold my interest.

smoker - Doesn't hold my interest.

Elliot - Pretty standard droplet shot imo, like a stock photo.

peachbum - Out of focus, doesn't meet theme imo.

Steeeeed - I like this, reminds me of a Joy Division LP cover - VOTE.

MaDMaCKeM - Interesting but I can't tell what it is and there's no perspective reference.

wor kid telt me - Sorry but that is poor.

robcal - Lovely colours, interesting detail, I was expecting more flower shots this month - VOTE.

Ghost of EH7 - The big blurry area needs to be smaller imo, too much of nothing and subject doesn't hold my interest at all.

Still in a huff after the negative space competition I see :lol:

Searoad and Steeeed for me.

Both fit the challenge theme, and good sharp close up macro shots.

Should have waited for an animal portrait challenge to take mine.

how do you see who's voted for who? Normally after i voted i can see who voted for the lead photo, the box is larger with the names listed?

Clicked onto the previous voting threads and this is not the case anymore, am i missing something simple?

My vote was for Steeeeed this month, met the theme the best and was well executed, nearly voted for tom tom as well but didn't think it met the theme as well (despite this being my fav photo this month!)

Last edited:
My take on this:

searoad - love the velvety finish of the water. Really nice shot and I hope to attempt to follow your instructions to try my own.

tom tom macute - I really like the expression of the little fella and the depth of the photo.

smoker - I like it! Although it's probably not the most exciting subjects, I really liked the contrast between the light reflecting and the shadow on the statue

elliott - I like the ripples and love the colour, but is it only me who is a little bit put off by the copyrighting? I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but it completely detracts from the image for me.

peachy - wtf?

steeeed - Love the texture and the soft colouration. Very foresty, and I really like the composition (off centre, bit of the stalk, the outer skin and the gills).

I would have voted for Steeed and Searoad. However, I actually thought that I liked Hue Jorgan's shot so much more than any of the others that it's the only one I'm voting for this week. I loved the texture of the wood and funnily enough found the subject quite interesting. I was slightly put off by the frame though!

elliott - I like the ripples and love the colour, but is it only me who is a little bit put off by the copyrighting? I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but it completely detracts from the image for me.
!

I actually agree with the copyrighting, but its how i have aperture set up to automatically resize and apply different watermarks for different places i upload to. I think i might create another preset for exporting to here for the comps if this is a common opinion like but to link to here i use photos i've already exported to flickr.

Some like to add borders and some don't like that either. Its just a case of you can't please everyone so you might as well please yourself. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
how do you see who's voted for who? Normally after i voted i can see who voted for the lead photo, the box is larger with the names listed?

Clicked onto the previous voting threads and this is not the case anymore, am i missing something simple?

My vote was for Steeeeed this month, met the theme the best and was well executed, nearly voted for tom tom as well but didn't think it met the theme as well (despite this being my fav photo this month!)

Yes, you're missing the fact that I forgot to tick the box.:oops:

wish I could do all this camera stuff - searoad for me

Macro has never held much interest for me, and isn't an area of photography I know much about so am loathe to do my usual "reasons" for voting post.

Searoad, appreciate you seem to have put a lot of effort into the photo, but it comes across a "freeze the moment" entry rather than macro.

Clockstandpie chuka - like the ice particles, would have gone in closer and featured them more.

Taipeisafc Is it macro? too centred, not enough detail in rest of picture.

tomtomacuteMacro? Like it otherwise.

huejorgan Macro? The sign is the interesting bit, too much of the photo is uninteresting and should have been cropped or thrown out of focus maybe?

malmomackem why? sorry but there is nothing in this photo that works - the label is skew whiff, don't think it is a macro photograph, the left of the photo doesn't add anything.

smoker Assuming this is a macro photograph. Love the colours, like the unusual angle. VOTE

elliotagree with others that the writing on your photos doesn't do you any favours. love the colour. This seems as searoad comment above though, more for "freeze the moment" rather than macro, but like its unsetupness.

Minerubbish for its blurryness i agree, but i was so close to the subject that the depth of field was minimal and I probably needed a tripod; but there is no option for a cable release on my camera. So I was hoping not to be judged on my equipment but for the idea and meeting theme. Nil votes says I was completely wrong :). I'm not sure on the "wtf" from robcal, but that was different!

Steed outstanding entry of the month. VOTE

Madmackem runner up entry of the month - may have cropped a little of the right hand edge off - those digits in the top right hand corner don't add anything - VOTE

workidtellme sorry doesn't do anything for me - would have turned the item over and gone in much closer for some interesting detail.

robcallike this and surprised it has so few votes - well composed, nice colours - possibly lacking any area of clear sharpness. VOTE

Ghost of EH7 sorry, too much of the photo is uninteresting - would have gone in much closer for some more detail

It was an attempt at a macro shot but being out of focus you failed to achieve it IMO.

:confused:

It was a poor MACRO shot. Being blurry doesn't make it NOT macro.

google define: Macrophotography is close-up photography, usually of very small subjects

It was an attempt at a macro shot but being out of focus you failed to achieve it IMO.

:confused:

It was a poor MACRO shot. Being blurry doesn't make it NOT macro.

google define: Macrophotography is close-up photography, usually of very small subjects

about photography Definition: Macro photography is taking extremely close-up images of subjects

Last edited:
bit of a posting mare there like, mind you, it would have helped being in focus...dont really get why you used that pic to be honest, why didnt you persevere until you got a shot in focus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back