Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racist.
But a first team racist so deserved the second chance that the three reserves weren't entitled to, not that I would accuse Leicester of double standards.
The youth players were not just sacked for racism, in fact two of them were found not guilty of that as they didn't say anything, that all came from Tom Hopper. They were on a club trip, in the owners homeland, in a sex video, with one of them saying.... errrrm... somewhat disrespectful comments about the women. I don't think it's hard to understand that the Vardy stuff isn't really on the same level.

Not particularly the sort of behaviour I want form our players, was the comment racist.... that's up for debate, but anyone trying to make out like Jap is classed as anything close to Pa*i or N****r is barking up the wrong tree as it's just not used like that in this country. Christ, the sun were the one whipping up the storm and they sun stories like this http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/73932/Ahoy-its-Jap-Sparrow.html.

It's highly unlikely he's going to continue at this rate, christ nobody does. But he'll still score well for the next few years, he's continuing to improve all the time, even his technique is improving which has always been one of his weaker areas. Last season he often played as a support striker or slightly wider, hence why he has loads of assists and not so many goals. This year he has been playing up top with someone supporting him, so that's a major factor in him scoring more a she's not running the channels or having to chase back as much.

The youth players were not just sacked for racism, in fact two of them were found not guilty of that as they didn't say anything, that all came from Tom Hopper. They were on a club trip, in the owners homeland, in a sex video, with one of them saying.... errrrm... somewhat disrespectful comments about the women. I don't think it's hard to understand that the Vardy stuff isn't really on the same level.

Not particularly the sort of behaviour I want form our players, was the comment racist.... that's up for debate, but anyone trying to make out like Jap is classed as anything close to Pa*i or N****r is barking up the wrong tree as it's just not used like that in this country. Christ, the sun were the one whipping up the storm and they sun stories like this http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/73932/Ahoy-its-Jap-Sparrow.html.

It's highly unlikely he's going to continue at this rate, christ nobody does. But he'll still score well for the next few years, he's continuing to improve all the time, even his technique is improving which has always been one of his weaker areas. Last season he often played as a support striker or slightly wider, hence why he has loads of assists and not so many goals. This year he has been playing up top with someone supporting him, so that's a major factor in him scoring more a she's not running the channels or having to chase back as much.

This is it - I saw in Private Eye the sun doing a "Race row" spread when Vardy was caught up in it, and next to it they had ten instances of the Sun using Jap as a pejorative.

You couldn't make it up.

This is it - I saw in Private Eye the sun doing a "Race row" spread when Vardy was caught up in it, and next to it they had ten instances of the Sun using Jap as a pejorative.

You couldn't make it up.

Ha, yeah I saw that... a joke of a paper. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that, without question he was a bit of a dick. But I'd never brand anyone racist, whether that's a Leicester player, Sunderland player or a man in the street over what actually happened. Ignorant and uneducated yes.

Unfortunately for Jamie it seems to have been the "in thing" to slate the bloke after his England call last year and it's been open season on the lad. Ridiculous really when his rise should be admired and not used as a reason to run him down. I'm glad he's shoved those words back down their throats in style so far.

Looking at the top scorer charts makes nice reading knowing him and Mahrez cost £1.4m combined.

Jamie Vardy - soon to be added to the same list as:

Michael Ricketts
Guy Wittingham
Paul Warhurst
Harry Kane
Michael Bridges
Amr Zaki
Michu
Andy Johnson
Andy Carroll
What a load of bollocks Harry Kane has been playing well all season

Racist.
But a first team racist so deserved the second chance that the three reserves weren't entitled to, not that I would accuse Leicester of double standards.

I'm not excusing what Vardy did for one moment, but you simply can't compare what Vardy did with what those three arseholes did in Thailand.

Jamie Vardy - soon to be added to the same list as:

Michael Ricketts
Guy Wittingham
Paul Warhurst
Harry Kane
Michael Bridges
Amr Zaki
Michu
Andy Johnson
Andy Carroll

What is this list meant to be? Most of the players on there don't seem to be similar at all.

That run of form wasn't a million miles away from we done the season before, when Wickham was instrumental.

Lets not forget that Leicester were dead certs to go down and looked really poor for 3/4 of last season.

He's probably shown great form for the equivalent of around 20 PL games so far. I'm not knocking him at all, i agree that he's been class - but i can't vociferously argue against anyone who is saying he is a one season wonder. Yet.....

You'll forgive me for parading my greater knowledge :) but City weren't really poor for three-quarters of last season. We didn't lose by more than two goals to anyone, and we were the only team apart from Arsenal to do that. Even when we were losing or getting draws we were (mainly) playing well. We had a few poor performances, but so do most teams, but we were only outclassed on a couple of occasions.

When the great escape run started, we actually didn't play any differently - but winning gives confidence. Vardy played a major role in that recovery - his goal against West Brom was a classic combination of pace, aggression and skill - and he's continued this season like he finished last. His first season at City didn't go that well, and he nearly packed it in, but the backroom staff encouraged him, and in his second season he was brilliant - helped us win the Second Division title. I doubt very much if he is a one-season wonder like (say) Bridges or Ricketts. He's too grounded for that.

Not, of course, that I am biased in any way you understand.

People shouldn't go over the top but sometimes the negativity on here is sometimes just plain over the top cynicism.
Surely this was the season he should have been found out, but instead he's improved.
He's not just about pace, he's got a good touch, his movement's excellent and he's even good in the air.
All this apart from the fact he's a persistent little fucker who's a right nuisance and will chase lost causes all day.
A very good player.

Couldn't have put it better myself to be honest.

You forgot Lambert.

Lambert came off the bench against City on Saturday and almost turned the game for West Brom. He was only on the pitch for about 20 minutes, but he was absolutely everywhere, with a good first touch, great distribution, and he scored the perfect penalty. I'm glad they didn't bring him on at half-time.

Last edited:
Kevin Phillips is being partly praised for helping Vardy too, Martin at Derby praised Phillips when he was banging them in, in the championship. I always thought it was daft when people suggested bringing Phillips back just because he was a good striker for us but it seems he's a good coach.

I like how people are already saying Kane is a one season wonder after a slow start to the season, he scored a hattrick in his last game as well.

Who gives a fuck where he has been for the last 10 year. He's doing it now and thats all that matters.
Indeed he is, but the fact that he failed to make the grade at the top level in the last 10 years would suggest that this season is something of a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back