James Webb Space Telescope

I literally just read that and thought it was worth sharing. It really is a fantastic bit of kit they have built.

Free floating planets are an increasing area of study, with the Nancy Grace Roman Telescope set to be launched in 2027. That will look for free floating earth type objects.

The theory is that as planets form, in the early days of a solar system you have a lot of gravitational imbalance between these new planets, and general chaos. They believe in our solar system that it cause some planets to move inwards and some outwards, while basically gravity found a balance and settle on their current positions. When they have done simulations of this, in some circumstances planets can end up being thrown completely out of orbit and out of the range of gravity from the parent star. It is even more common in simulations of binary star systems. These free floating planet just continue on a path out in to space and will naturally become very very cold. It is amazing they have detected and actually imaged some.

These planets are slow moving and because the space between stars is so massive, the chances of one coming into close contact with another star are billions to one. But if say something the mass of Jupiter was to enter our solar system on a course towards the inner planets, it would throw the gravitational balance in chaos, almost certainly shift the earth in it's orbit and wipe out all life on earth. The odds are against it and we would see one with plenty of warning, but a cheery thought that it is just another way for all life on earth to be wiped out.

Loving the speculation that they’re having a research paper peer reviewed currently that they think proves there’s life on this planet k2-18b!

Read something else today that Webb has detected artificial light on another planet too, but that looked like it’s just some wild rumours.

Either way, got a feeling 2024 will answer the biggest question of all

Read something else today that Webb has detected artificial light on another planet too, but that looked like it’s just some wild rumours.

It stems from some genuine literature about the telescope which stated it could be sufficiently sensitive to detect artificial light on a planet. Chinese whispers and the internet convoluted this to it has detected light, but on a plant that would be within our solar system, despite the stories saying it wasn’t.

Loving the speculation that they’re having a research paper peer reviewed currently that they think proves there’s life on this planet k2-18b!

Would love this to be discovered in my lifetime. I would be obsessed about it !

I think the confirmation will come this year and as a result of the cross party work that some very persistent congress men and women are pursuing in the USA.

Id like to think there would be a scientific breakthrough but I think the truth of what parts of the US Govt and Private Contractors knows is going to be dragged out of them and will prove we are not alone.

There's been an awful lot of time and energy gone in to try and say there is nothing to see here.

Latest update from senator Tim Burchett of yesterday below following a behind closed doors meeting.

Last edited:

Back