James Trafford to Burnley - £19m!

His agent said their were bids and/or interest in him? That's hardly a surprise given his job, but doesn't make it true tbf.
he wouldnt be stupid enough to name the specifc clubs that bid..that would aliente those clubs..
but he did name the specific clubs..you are right if he spoke in general terms iot would mean nowt but he was specific

No I don't find it hard to believe there may have been (clearly not good enough) bids, but either way we don't know for sure and it would be in Harte's interest to talk his client up.
We’re about as sure as we can be as mere fans. The bids and interest has been well publicised in the news over a couple of windows now.

No I don't find it hard to believe there may have been (clearly not good enough) bids, but either way we don't know for sure and it would be in Harte's interest to talk his client up.
its not in hartes interest to alinate the two clubs he mentioned by publically lyig about them bidding if they havent done so...they wouldnt trust him again

We thought we’d had liverpools pants down for at least 2-3 years after

I didn’t, Premiership clubs were prepared to pay for potential back then and he clearly had that potential.
I argued it at the time.
Henderson and Pickford have been the best value transfers we have ever made to another club. Ironic isn’t it

He's 21 with one of the worse defences in the league in front of him flung in the deep end tbf. I didn't think it was the greatest move for him when he went and it hasn't worked out that way.

He'll have gained some experience mind but confidence is probably a mess. Think a season in the Championship next year will probably do him good mind.

Think they made a good decision taking him out of the firing line for a bit.

Huge jump from a L1 team to getting peppered every game in the PL, still young enough to develop. Don't think Burnley/Kompany have done him any favours in continuing to insist on playing him every week for most of the season.

Back