James Hunter Interview with Bain......

An owner who is very actively trying to sell the club by sitting on his rump in the United States of Racism.

I am still very passionate about the club. Sorry, I meant to say I'm still very passionate about the money the club pays me & the bonus I'll get when I foist it off on the nearest member of the more money than sense brigade upon whom I can hang my sweaty sporran

Because that's the way football in organised - seasons. You can do preliminary planning, but so much depends on where you finish in the league, and which way players coming to the end of a contract (usually at the end of June) jump. Until then, you can get a rough budget together, but getting into the detail before you really know what you're going to need and who might be available is pure guesswork until the season ends.
But we were in a relegation dog-fight in the Premier League for how many years?
And it was clear in December this year we were going down again this season.
Quick sticking plasters like sacking managers every season only clogged up wounds and got them infected.
- Zero long-term countermeasures.
- No continuous strategy.
- A failure at the very top of the organisation.
One man responsible for that.
Mr Ellis Short.

“It surprises me that it has not been sold before now, maybe that is people seeing what is under the bonnet when they look.”

What the fuck does that mean? Hardly a ringing endorsement of the place by the bloke supposed to be selling it.

What a time to be alive, with this absolute cockwomble “leading” our club

The bloke is just so slimy and untrustworthy - King Charlatan and Oily twat

What a time to be alive, with this absolute cockwomble “leading” our club

The bloke is just so slimy and untrustworthy - King Charlatan and Oily twat

It's actually incomprehensible that some are still a fan. He has achieved absolutely nothing other than incompetence since he arrived. Oversaw consecutive relegations and made some seriously dodgy calls. Very intriguing to the accounts getting released. I wonder if the delay means he is apprehensive about them. I bet he is still paid well with bonus and expensive in his usual spot at the Hilton.

“It surprises me that it has not been sold before now, maybe that is people seeing what is under the bonnet when they look.”

What the fuck does that mean? Hardly a ringing endorsement of the place by the bloke supposed to be selling it.
A statement like that is scandalous from a chief exec.

Goes to show its even worse than people think behind the scenes.

The first free agents have been sounded out. “We haven’t been standing still in recent weeks and months when it comes to recruitment, even if we don’t really know what we’re dealing with,” he said. “We’ve been speaking about players in League One with a view to joining us, whichever league we find ourselves in. “You wouldn’t believe some of the values being attached, even at that level. “Whether that is because we’re Sunderland, I don’t know. “It may change over time with where we’re at now. “In the past fortnight, I’ve probably spoken to five or six agents about players who are coming out of contract and fit the bill for us.

Read more at: Martin Bain starts summer signing drive and discusses club’s persistent recruitment failures

Living the dream. Not even able to compete with clubs in League one FFS

The first free agents have been sounded out. “We haven’t been standing still in recent weeks and months when it comes to recruitment, even if we don’t really know what we’re dealing with,” he said. “We’ve been speaking about players in League One with a view to joining us, whichever league we find ourselves in. “You wouldn’t believe some of the values being attached, even at that level. “Whether that is because we’re Sunderland, I don’t know. “It may change over time with where we’re at now. “In the past fortnight, I’ve probably spoken to five or six agents about players who are coming out of contract and fit the bill for us.

Read more at: Martin Bain starts summer signing drive and discusses club’s persistent recruitment failures

Living the dream. Not even able to compete with clubs in League one FFS
Utterly pathetic

Bain and Coleman have basically thrown Short under a bus in last few days. Gloves are off and they are not protecting the boss anymore. Both are wanting him gone as much as us.

Could Bain and Coleman have done better, yes possibly. But if he did have to sell a £2m goalkeeper to raise funds for 9 players in the championship then it's almost irrelevant. We were completely knackered either way.

It's very difficult to properly judge anyones performance at present as the whole thing is so broken.
I completely agree mate. Even the likes of James Hunter in the chronicle are now saying Short should go. He's normally a good way of measuring what Bain is thinking. He was still backing Moyes right up until the end for example. Saying things like carefully what you wish for.

It’s a shame Bain only chose to speak to local papers. Could have done with questions from a more neutral source

there weren't any questions asked from anyone... it's just a list of sound bites from bain with some limited commentary from hunter. it's just bland shit...

It's actually incomprehensible that some are still a fan. He has achieved absolutely nothing other than incompetence since he arrived. Oversaw consecutive relegations and made some seriously dodgy calls. Very intriguing to the accounts getting released. I wonder if the delay means he is apprehensive about them. I bet he is still paid well with bonus and expensive in his usual spot at the Hilton.

James Hunter’s twitter is full of people who seem to be taken in by Bain’s ‘not my fault, it was a mess before I arrived’ bollocks.

Back