James Acaster's Perfect Sounds

Anyone else been listening to this show? It's a podcast but I think it might also be on Radio 4.

Each week he has a guest listen to an album from 2016, which James claims to be the best year for music ever. Some right fucking weird stuff in there alongside your more mainstream sorts like Beyoncé. Worth a listen for any musos out there.

Mind, I just finished listening to United Diktaturs of Europe by Anarchist Republic of Bzzz and I think I might have been slipped something in my tea. :lol:

joemcdokes

Striker
Just had a look at the Top 100 albums, lots of oldies in there.
Bowie, Queen, Beatles etc.

Going to take a look at a random 90’s year to see how they compare.
Pretty similar.
Took a look at 94, seems popular is also nostalgic.

Last edited:

mogget

Winger
Anyone else been listening to this show? It's a podcast but I think it might also be on Radio 4.

Each week he has a guest listen to an album from 2016, which James claims to be the best year for music ever. Some right fucking weird stuff in there alongside your more mainstream sorts like Beyoncé. Worth a listen for any musos out there.

Mind, I just finished listening to United Diktaturs of Europe by Anarchist Republic of Bzzz and I think I might have been slipped something in my tea. :lol:
I listened to the audiobook of the same topic and now he is getting people in to talk about it.

I think its decent but I do like basically all of his output