James Acaster's Perfect Sounds

Anyone else been listening to this show? It's a podcast but I think it might also be on Radio 4.

Each week he has a guest listen to an album from 2016, which James claims to be the best year for music ever. Some right f***ing weird stuff in there alongside your more mainstream sorts like Beyoncé. Worth a listen for any musos out there.

Mind, I just finished listening to United Diktaturs of Europe by Anarchist Republic of Bzzz and I think I might have been slipped something in my tea. :lol:

Just had a look at the Top 100 albums, lots of oldies in there.
Bowie, Queen, Beatles etc.

Going to take a look at a random 90’s year to see how they compare.
Pretty similar.
Took a look at 94, seems popular is also nostalgic.

Last edited:
Anyone else been listening to this show? It's a podcast but I think it might also be on Radio 4.

Each week he has a guest listen to an album from 2016, which James claims to be the best year for music ever. Some right f***ing weird stuff in there alongside your more mainstream sorts like Beyoncé. Worth a listen for any musos out there.

Mind, I just finished listening to United Diktaturs of Europe by Anarchist Republic of Bzzz and I think I might have been slipped something in my tea. :lol:
I listened to the audiobook of the same topic and now he is getting people in to talk about it.

I think its decent but I do like basically all of his output

Back