Jake Gyllenhaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest these actors have nowt to do but get ready for the role. If we had the money, time and "vitamins" they had with the same motivation we'd all probably be f***ing colossal

IIRC the filming process can be pretty gruelling. Longer than most normal shifts and they can't necessarily scran when on set.

Although all their meals will be prepped which would be a god send for me.

If I could quit my job and get a trainer and nutritionist to control my diet and beast me every day I would look like that in 6 months without steroids.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to quit my job and focus on getting killer abs. So we'll need to agree to disagree.

My view is he isn't doing the school run before going to a 9-5 job and trying to get that body by fitting in a few gym sessions a week. He can spend months doing nothing but focus on the physique he needs for his next roll.

Not saying it isn't impressive, but the goalposts seem a lot wider.

aye but you could look like that in 2 months with them
My balls are small enough.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to quit my job and focus on getting killer abs. So we'll need to agree to disagree.

My view is he isn't doing the school run before going to a 9-5 job and trying to get that body by fitting in a few gym sessions a week. He can spend months doing nothing but focus on the physique he needs for his next roll.

Generally, they can't.

you can take stuff to keep your balls plump ;)

This might be interesting:

http://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/top-10-hollywood-bulk-ups

De Niro - Raging Bull.

Here's the flipside to De Niro's Oscar-winning performance—before he gained the equivalent of a small child to play Jake LaMotta in his darkest, fattest hours, the New York native got completely shredded to play the Italian middleweight pugilist in his prime. But De Niro didn't just hit the treadmill to achieve this look. The GoodFellas star underwent a full-on training routine, working closely with the real-life LaMotta on every facet of a boxer's regiment. In fact, De Niro was so dedicated to becoming a convincing brawler, he actually competed in three organized bouts, winning two. LaMotta was so impressed with De Niro's dedication, he claimed the actor could have fought professionally if he wished. - See more at: http://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/top-10-hollywood-bulk-ups#sthash.6zDplnRr.dpuf

Working out all day long wouldn't turn you into a muscle man in 6 months anymore than it would working out 1-2 hours a day.

Eddie Norton in American History X:

Before he knocked audiences on their asses with American History X, Edward Norton wasn't much more than a solid actor with a bad haircut and few decent flicks under his belt. Then he stomped onto the screen as Derek Vinyard, a raging neo-Nazi skinhead with the kind of physically imposing look that would make most men cross the street. Norton didn't just have the cut biceps and chiseled chest of a typical Hollywood leading man, he looked like a guy who had spent some time lifting weights in the joint. So how did the scrawny Ivy Leaguer go from Yale grad to jail bird? A high protein diet mixed with strength-building exercises like squats and presses. If only Norton could've manned up like that in Fight Club.

True enough, generally actors need to do it while working at Starbucks waiting for that big break.

Actors as big as him can't just chill out and train like a full time athlete waiting for their next role to come along. Often film things fairly close together then they have to travel all over the place doing press commitments and shite.

And most people aren't getting that physique within 6 months without the special sauce unless they're already fairly close to that.

Working out all day long wouldn't turn you into a muscle man in 6 months anymore than it would working out 1-2 hours a day.
Sure it wouldn't. Sounds like a good way to burn out.

But he could be in a position to do several small workouts a day with a personal trainer, while having someone prepare meals tgat complement the regime, with plenty of rest time In between .

Sure it wouldn't. Sounds like a good way to burn out.

But he could be in a position to do several small workouts a day with a personal trainer, while having someone prepare meals tgat complement the regime, with plenty of rest time In between .

i dont even know what point you are trying to make...
of course actors have PT's and dieticians

crack on mate...i'll even give you a year to achieve that look....you'll need some heavy androgens to achieve that dryness though ;)

The point has been raised before and after you posted this but no, high profile actors usually aren't sat round scratching their arses. If they're not filming (which is a lot tougher than some people seem to reckon, and actually quite a large energy requirement if you're doing an action movie) they're jetting around the world promoting a film, having to appear on shite like Graham Norton and having to make do with whatever gym they can find.

It genuinely isn't as easy as you make out. The only way to make it easy is to have fantastic levels of personal wealth and not work.

Before he knocked audiences on their asses with American History X, Edward Norton wasn't much more than a solid actor with a bad haircut and few decent flicks under his belt. Then he stomped onto the screen as Derek Vinyard, a raging neo-Nazi skinhead with the kind of physically imposing look that would make most men cross the street. Norton didn't just have the cut biceps and chiseled chest of a typical Hollywood leading man, he looked like a guy who had spent some time lifting weights in the joint. So how did the scrawny Ivy Leaguer go from Yale grad to jail bird? A high protein diet mixed with strength-building exercises like squats and presses. If only Norton could've manned up like that in Fight Club.

He was specifically told not to.

Brad Pitt was told to bulk up and get a 'pump' before each filming session whilst Norton had to starve himself so one looked progressively bigger and stronger than the other as the Tyler Durden side of his character gained more and more control.

His character in fight club was anti-gym, and actually took the piss out of "Calvin Klein underwear models" so it would have been a bad move to beef up for that role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back