Jack Ross top of the league.

It certainly does make you think that they've played 2 games so far, whatever next, arsenal being praised for being too before a balls kicked based on the alphabet?
I still like Ross. Seems a good bloke and I think he'll have a decent managerial career. Think the job here just got a bit too big for him.
I agree he was decent but by the end he couldn't handle the expectations and was visibly wilting in his post match interviews.

I was gutted it didn’t work out for him but it was his own fault, up until losing to pompey aaay in the December we were flying. He then became a bottle job.
There’s a half decent manager there but he needs to grow some baws.
He’s a typical Scotland manager for the future, promised a bit delivered nowt

He's had a few disasters like coasting 2 nil up at home to Killie and Ross Co and ending up with a draw.

Seems to have got Doidge playing well and scoring which the previous manager couldn't.

Think the job came too early for him. I doubt Jose couldn't have pulled off the salvage job he did at St Mirren.

I was gutted it didn’t work out for him but it was his own fault, up until losing to pompey aaay in the December we were flying. He then became a bottle job.
There’s a half decent manager there but he needs to grow some baws.
He’s a typical Scotland manager for the future, promised a bit delivered nowt

Flying pushing it a little. We didn't spend one day 1st I don't think.

He's had a few disasters like coasting 2 nil up at home to Killie and Ross Co and ending up with a draw.

Seems to have got Doidge playing well and scoring which the previous manager couldn't.

Think the job came too early for him. I doubt Jose couldn't have pulled off the salvage job he did at St Mirren.

Got battered at home in the derby off a dire Hearts side not long before the lockdown as well.

On the whole they seem to be doing alright results wise under him but think the opinion of him amongst the fanbase is very much split from what I've read/heard.

Hib's have had a cracking start to the season.

Play again tonight and should pick up another 3 points.

Makes you think.:confused:

Not in the way you imagine. It makes me think he had the biggest budget in league 1 arguably the strongest squad and he preferred to setup to not lose (1-1), rather than to try and win the game.
He was dour, needed shifting as his 2nd season start was no change, he didn't learn.

The players really seemed to respect him but it shows the importance of appointing the right man, not just the person with the best CV. He came from the smallest club in the SPL who were massive underdogs, had no money and had to grind out results, then overnight came to the biggest club ever to play at this level with the biggest budget who were expected to beat everyone and walk the league. No wonder he was far too cautious.

Better than Parky. That's not saying much tho.
Couldn’t get a back three/five to be even remotely functional despite having Matthews and Oviedo available as wingbacks and catts as a defensive midfielder. I’d wager Parkinson would have got that squad promoted but been hapless thereafter whilst Ross couldn’t but would probably do better in the championship oddly enough.

Back