Jack Clarke - Signed

Exceptional on the ball but poor defensively largely because of his lack of pace.
I don’t think he was poor defensively for the whole season. First half he was decent. The issues were when he overplayed on the ball. I’d be open to him coming back tbh. The other advantage in him is that he also provides cover at left back and can play in a back three. The pace thing is valid, though. Definitely need at least one with real recovery pace.

I don’t think he was poor defensively for the whole season. The issues were when he overplayed on the ball. I’d be open to him coming back tbh. The other advantage in him is that he also provides cover at left back and can play in a back three. The pace thing is valid, though. Definitely need at least one with real recovery pace.
I agree that he wasn’t bad the first 10 games or so. I think what happened was teams looked for our weaknesses and saw that him overplaying and his pace were our main weaknesses then started hassling him and dinking the ball behind him. He’ll end up a midfielder I think. The overplaying I think that was down to Johnson thinking we were the Man City of league one and Johnson made it harder for him. He’s definitely a talented footballer I’m just not sure I trust him defensively.

I think you need to have a good look mate he's literally still a child in a big man's world . Time for him yet and although he's not Stones II he will make a very decent premier League CB in 3-4 years , maybe less.
First ever full season in mens football in a tough position in a tough league, playing under pressure in front of massive crowds…..think he did ok and would have done better had he not been ran into the ground by Johnson

He clearly improved towards the end of the season.
Doyle? I mean aye he was better than he was in say January. I don't in all honesty think I've seen a worse centre half play for us ever than him in that period. Maybe Baldwin on a bad day. But imo even later he was still a poor player we only put on in an absolute emergency.

Last edited:
Doyle? I mean aye he was better than he was in say January. But he was still a poor player we only put on in an absolute emergency.
Aah just seen a thread about Clarke and thought fucks he waffling on about.
Apologies Kennwyne lad.

Regards Doyle he was managed terribly, started well then was hung out to dry when he clearly needed a rest. There's a good player in there.

Aah just seen a thread about Clarke and thought fucks he waffling on about.
Apologies Kennwyne lad.

Regards Doyle he was managed terribly, started well then was hung out to dry when he clearly needed a rest. There's a good player in there.
I like Clarke, think he offers something and works his socks off, which is great to see in a young winger.

I agree that he wasn’t bad the first 10 games or so. I think what happened was teams looked for our weaknesses and saw that him overplaying and his pace were our main weaknesses then started hassling him and dinking the ball behind him. He’ll end up a midfielder I think. The overplaying I think that was down to Johnson thinking we were the Man City of league one and Johnson made it harder for him. He’s definitely a talented footballer I’m just not sure I trust him defensively.

Yep, I see the lad as a holding mid and he'll grow up to be a damn good one at that.

£5mill bid in for him from us according to lad otr.
I'd be shocked if we bid that for him. To be honest I have no idea how much to expect us to spend in total across the squad, but I can see a few prem loans again, but then I don't k ow how much loan fees are are for taking a loan player from a prem team would be.......the more I think of I it, I basically know nowt . 😂

Hope it's not true mind. Decent player but that's a lot of money for him.
It does seem a lot but if he plays like he did in 2nd leg at Sheff Wed it would be a snip. Obviously with wingers you don't get consistency.
I'd be shocked if we bid that for him. To be honest I have no idea how much to expect us to spend in total across the squad, but I can see a few prem loans again, but then I don't k ow how much loan fees are are for taking a loan player from a prem team would be.......the more I think of I it, I basically know nowt . 😂
🤣🤣 i would to see us have a real go at this season, there's no stand out team.

Last edited:

Back