Jack Clarke - Signed

Just annoys me when teams like spurs hoover them up on long contracts when let's face it he's never going to be good enough for them.

Just means chances are we won't ever be able to sign him permanently.

I think he would be daft to renew his contract at this stage. He's clearly far down the pecking order at Spurs, and one good season in the Championship could open up plenty of options for him next summer.

We really need to beef up our defence to allowe Clark and Roberts (IF both sign) to really flourish in the Championship.

I've said this many times before but there is no better place for top Premier league clubs to send their youngsters out for a lower league loan.

A massive, expectant crowd gives them a great experience and those that do well, inevitably go back and flourish.
If Spurs are happy with how we've managed Clarke, they might want to send Dane Scarlett back with him.

Neil was one of our best players for half a season and is totally homegrown.

Doyle was gash for all of it and is a loan.

Not comparable in slightest.
Clarke was one of our best players for the 2nd half of the season (like Neil for the 1st) and Clarke is now being bigged up (worth £30m in a few years etc) like Doyle was (will play 100 games for England)

Pretty comparable actually…

Does the lad look promising, definitely, but he obviously needs to improve his final ball and or score a few goals.

McGeady's final ball and goals for a winger were good, but I have no idea what his statistics were when he was Clarke and Roberts age.

Just annoys me when teams like spurs hoover them up on long contracts when let's face it he's never going to be good enough for them.

Just means chances are we won't ever be able to sign him permanently.
I'm sure they loan players out with an intention for them to improve so they are good enough. The lad is frustrating but got good potential on the same way as Dan Neil. They will both be PL level in a couple of years if they both sort out a few weaknesses

No brainer this.

We need to sign a lot of players to be decent imo, so maintaining stability is going to be difficult. Where there are players in the squad who can clearly contribute next season in some form, we should bring them back.

Roberts, Broadhead and Clarke - I'd like to see all at the club next year.

Neil was one of our best players for half a season and is totally homegrown.

Doyle was gash for all of it and is a loan.

Not comparable in slightest.
Doyle wasn't gash for all of it at all. He is a young defender who had good close control and looked like he could handle the man's game for a fair proportion of it.

Yeah he burned out and too much was asked of him but he's only young and will improve. Same as Neil.

Back