I've met some truly mad Sunderland supporters .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still alive.still in Sheffield.

Saw him at Manchester before Milw semi, looking for tickets. Had his son with him (I think) & I had my eldest with me. I first met him on Stockton station coming home from a game about '73/74.
I spent about 3 or 4 seasons travelling home & away with him, every game - sometimes just the 2 of us on trains.
Stories we could share like.... endless :)

Saw him at Manchester before Milw semi, looking for tickets. Had his son with him (I think) & I had my eldest with me. I first met him on Stockton station coming home from a game about '73/74.
I spent about 3 or 4 seasons travelling home & away with him, every game - sometimes just the 2 of us on trains.
Stories we could share like.... endless :)
Hi George thought it was earlier than 73/74 I first met you.

Midland Road was where the buses parked. I used to wait for them arriving & travel about the underground with them from my Wakey train (KX). I was only telling my 2 boys about it on Tuesday on our way to the Millers.
That Millwall game was where I heard/saw/joined in with "Sunderland United" - with Man U outside KX station iirc
We joined up with an Arsenal crew once after Chelsea away, this was old 1st division though.
Can't mind the Sunlun/United thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back