ITV 4 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was in the ground when the 500_1 odds went up on the board. Had a fiver in my hand and as a student thought better of wasting my drinking money!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there on the Monday, saw the odds and it never crossed my mind to put a quid on - we were that far behind !

I was there on the Monday, saw the odds and it never crossed my mind to put a quid on - we were that far behind !

Popped in for the session after tea gates were open and free to walk in as the games was over and there was no piont in charging for a dead game!

What I really noticed when watching the highlights of that series were how long the boundaries were and how slow the outfield was. Loads of 2s and 3s scored that would be 4s these days.

If only you could tell in advance which 500-1 chances were going to come in you could just put a tenner on each one. The problem is, in real terms it was probably nearer 5000-1 (how many times has a team won from 90 behind and only 3 wickets standing?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back