It's a sin - channel 4

Watched episode 1. Really enjoyed it.

Remember at the time being terrified. The whole don't die of ignorance, scared the shit out of me as a lad of about 13, maybe a little older.

Also, all the stories going around on how only gays had it and if you went to the bog and sat down after a gay lad, you'd catch it.

Dread to think what it would have been like if social media of today was around.

If it’s full of Gay Disco/Hi-NRG/Italo music I’ll watch it

• It's a Sin (2018 Remastered Version)Pet Shop Boys
  • Smalltown BoyBronski Beat
  • Love Will Tear Us ApartJoy Division
  • Call Me (Long Version)Blondie
  • You Think You're a ManDivine
  • Karma ChameleonCulture Club
  • Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)Kate Bush
  • Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go? (Extended)Soft Cell
  • Peanut ButterGwen Guthrie
  • Enola GayOrchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark
  • Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) [Remastered]Eurythmics
  • Oh L'Amour (Edit)Erasure
  • FreedomWham!
  • Heaven is a Place on EarthBelinda Carlisle
  • Who Wants to Live ForeverQueen
  • Hungry Like the Wolf (2009 Remastered Version)Duran Duran
  • RespectableMel & Kim
  • All This Love That I'm Givin'Gwen McCrae
  • You Make My Dreams (Come True)Daryl Hall & John Oates
  • Wind Beneath My WingsBette Midler

Sorry about the dodgy looking text, took it straight from here:

Last edited:
  • It's a Sin (2018 Remastered Version)Pet Shop Boys
  • Smalltown BoyBronski Beat
  • Love Will Tear Us ApartJoy Division
  • Call Me (Long Version)Blondie
  • You Think You're a ManDivine
  • Karma ChameleonCulture Club
  • Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)Kate Bush
  • Tainted Love / Where Did Our Love Go? (Extended)Soft Cell
  • Peanut ButterGwen Guthrie
  • Enola GayOrchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark
  • Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) [Remastered]Eurythmics
  • Oh L'Amour (Edit)Erasure
  • FreedomWham!
  • Heaven is a Place on EarthBelinda Carlisle
  • Who Wants to Live ForeverQueen
  • Hungry Like the Wolf (2009 Remastered Version)Duran Duran
  • RespectableMel & Kim
  • All This Love That I'm Givin'Gwen McCrae
  • You Make My Dreams (Come True)Daryl Hall & John Oates
  • Wind Beneath My WingsBette Midler

Sorry about the dodgy looking text, took it straight from here:
Originally it was the music on the adverts that came out around Xmas that caught my attention, then realising the true subject of the programme became intriguing due to my lack of knowledge , finished the thing in one day last Saturday but wishing there was more or thinking about watching it again

Shit I missed it. All4 it is

As a side note just realised who the father is, Shaun Dooley who narrates all the Guy Martin and about 90% of every documentary series.

Last edited:
I loved it. Had a tear in my eye during the last episode.
Great music throughout.
I can remember that AIDS advert airing on TV as a kid.

Watched episode 1. Really enjoyed it.

Remember at the time being terrified. The whole don't die of ignorance, scared the shit out of me as a lad of about 13, maybe a little older.

Also, all the stories going around on how only gays had it and if you went to the bog and sat down after a gay lad, you'd catch it.

Dread to think what it would have been like if social media of today was around.
Aye the aids advert was scary. And the smoking one with a smoker of the future was freaky as fuck.

Binge watched the rest of it on All4 last night. I’d be highly surprised if this doesn’t win awards. Very emotional, captivating and very well written.

Fantastic viewing, thought the whole thing was excellent, and the soundtrack (on Spotify) was superb....

I was born in the early 70's so I knew about AIDS but as I was only in my early teens in the mid to late 80's so I didn't really take much notice, the same with the way the gay community were shunned, didn't realise that they were losing their jobs and stuff because of their sexual preferance....

Anybody else watched it? Either 1st episode last Friday or all 5 on all4.
Made my way through them before and after the match yesterday and was just blown away by how good it was yet shocking too. I've always realised how naive I am coming from a small pit village and was born 84 so I wanted to watch it to learn but also I do love 80's music and the program is full of classics. What was an eye opener was how opinions of aids we see similar today with covid, those who believe those who have conspiracy theories either way people were and are dying alone
Started watching last night. 3 episodes in and it's very good. Very well written and acted. The missus was greetin' by the end.
I found the similarities with covid quite an eye-opener

we watched the first episode on channel 4, then at the end it said they were all available on all4, so we binge watched the rest last night. Very eye opening to what was going through these people's head. I always thought the AIDs epidemic was the 70s rather than the 80s into the 90s.

I then did some research about when the school teacher made one of them remove any homosexual references from the library, so called section 28. I didn't know that was law up until 2003!. Labour tried to get it removed in 2000 but a old tory (baroness Young) in the lords rallied them to reject it and

Things like this brought the stimga, where these people died alone, rejected from their family. Torys really are *****.
No better than Al Qaeda mate

Watched the first one, not bad. Auld doogie hower was canny. Expected mare bucking like. Does the bucking content increase, a friend of mine was wanting to know?

highly emotive watch, the welsh lad dying was awful, claiming the life's of such innocent folk like him. I was born in the late 80's so cant remember much about it, its staggering to think until recent years even talking about homosexuals in schools was banned. The programme also really hits home how life was like for gay people then, some died alone, because families in many ways disassociated themselves from them because of the shame which is so sad

Looks interesting. I find that Ollie lad who plays the main character more than a smidge irritating tho.
He’s the singer with the band Years and Years and I find them very irritating. Ive got it in my planner to watch this week, I was the same age then as they are in the show and the soundtrack will probably make it worth the watch.

Back