It's a sin - channel 4

Anybody else watched it? Either 1st episode last Friday or all 5 on all4.
Made my way through them before and after the match yesterday and was just blown away by how good it was yet shocking too. I've always realised how naive I am coming from a small pit village and was born 84 so I wanted to watch it to learn but also I do love 80's music and the program is full of classics. What was an eye opener was how opinions of aids we see similar today with covid, those who believe those who have conspiracy theories either way people were and are dying alone

we watched the first episode on channel 4, then at the end it said they were all available on all4, so we binge watched the rest last night. Very eye opening to what was going through these people's head. I always thought the AIDs epidemic was the 70s rather than the 80s into the 90s.

I then did some research about when the school teacher made one of them remove any homosexual references from the library, so called section 28. I didn't know that was law up until 2003!. Labour tried to get it removed in 2000 but a old tory (baroness Young) in the lords rallied them to reject it and

The then Shadow Education Secretary and future Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Theresa May called the defeat "a victory for commonsense"

Things like this brought the stimga, where these people died alone, rejected from their family. Torys really are *****.

Upto the fourth episode now it’s excellent stuff, so sad. Always feel so sorry for gay people growing up at that time. A lot of the time reviled by their family and society, they find a place in London or other big cities where they can finally be themselves and then this plague comes along decimating their community.
Upto the fourth episode now it’s excellent stuff, so sad. Always feel so sorry for gay people growing up at that time. A lot of the time reviled by their family and society, they find a place in London or other big cities where they can finally be themselves and then this plague comes along decimating their community.

Just finished it all there. Really excellent. Kinda unfortunate that it probably won’t reach a huge audience.

Last edited:
Came along just like this one, aye...

Just binge watched all 5 episodes. One of the best things I've seen in ages. Thought Keeley Hawes was outstanding in the final episode.

Just binge watched all 5 episodes. One of the best things I've seen in ages. Thought Keeley Hawes was outstanding in the final episode.

Interesting, I really didn't fancy it like, maybe I am being a bit of a caveman like, just didnt think I would meet the target marget

will defs watch this week now.

Thanks for the heads up OP, never heard or seen it advertised but will definitely give it a watch after the glowing reviews here.

The gay protest scene reminded me of Bob and Rose with Alan Davies and Lesley Sharp, also written by Russell T Davies. Also about the gay scene, based on a friend of the writer's, a gay man who falls in love with a woman. An excellent watch.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I find that Ollie lad who plays the main character more than a smidge irritating tho.
He’s good in that but gets right on me tits on celeb gogglebox
The gay protest scene reminded me of Bob and Rose with Alan Davies and Lesley Sharp, also written by Russell T Davies. Also about the gay scene, based on a friend of the writer's, a gay man who falls in love with a woman. An excellent watch.
Noticed that on BritBox last night so that’s on me binge list

Back