italy's tactics in the 6 nations vs england

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely uncalled for world rugby will have to change their laws now ffs. connor o'shea has a lot to answer for they'll be practicing that spoiling shite at rugby clubs all over the world now. eddie jones nailed it in his post match interview 'not rugby'
complete and utter horseshit. we (my team) did that aged 15. we also never used to form mauls, go round the back and get the ball. England should have cottoned on quicker and used it to their advantage, rather than crying about it.

england players asking what the rules are :oops:
england players laying on the flaw bewildered waiting for a italian to jump on them :oops:
england players gutted that they dont get to roll around and feel up the other bloeks :oops:
rugby:oops:

not sure if you noticed in the 2nd half that the ref began to call a ruck to avoid confusion
im one of few of my pals who thought it was tactical genius by Italy.

If we had put 60/70 points on the board it would have done us no favours either.

Jones and the boys will be fired up against the Scots now

im one of few of my pals who thought it was tactical genius by Italy.

If we had put 60/70 points on the board it would have done us no favours either.

Jones and the boys will be fired up against the Scots now
It was clever tactics not employed almost continually for a whole match.

Eddie Jones seems to do the media and man management well. His responses are measured and i guess purely to create a reaction.

Shite adaptation from England. Like Davies said new Zealand would have adapted and been 60 up by now. And he's right.

England didn't know how to react and it was embarrassing. I happen to think when confronted poitre didn't know what to say either.

I know it's easy to say from my sofa but I can think of at least 3 ways to counter that sort of spoiling tactic.

Shite adaptation from England. Like Davies said new Zealand would have adapted and been 60 up by now. And he's right.

England didn't know how to react and it was embarrassing. I happen to think when confronted poitre didn't know what to say either.

I know it's easy to say from my sofa but I can think of at least 3 ways to counter that sort of spoiling tactic.
the commentators didnt have a clue either. I dont think it will happen again in the near future if there isnt a rule change soon.

It didnt serve them too badly in the end as they were brutal in the first 10-15 mins of second half

Told them he was a referee and not a coach didn't he?

yeah, pick it up and form a maul. or bomb through the middle of the "ruck" using your first 2 to the breakdown as blockers. straight through the middle. it would have easily sucked their players in. quick pick and go all the time. even better, just box kick it onto them all the time and pen them in, forcing penalties. so easy. davies was right.

yeah, pick it up and form a maul. or bomb through the middle of the "ruck" using your first 2 to the breakdown as blockers. straight through the middle. it would have easily sucked their players in. quick pick and go all the time. even better, just box kick it onto them all the time and pen them in, forcing penalties. so easy. davies was right.
I'd have had itoje take a crash ball into the nearest fella turning his back as first measure.

Equally their defensive line had at least two dog legs. Deep pass back to first receiver then flat to a rubber in the outside and you're through the line into space with at least 2 defenders missing.

More cynically feign a dead leg or laces loose and get Hartley to speak to the ref. Mike Brown should be seeing holes all over the Italian line too.

I'd have had itoje take a crash ball into the nearest fella turning his back as first measure.

Equally their defensive line had at least two dog legs. Deep pass back to first receiver then flat to a rubber in the outside and you're through the line into space with at least 2 defenders missing.

More cynically feign a dead leg or laces loose and get Hartley to speak to the ref. Mike Brown should be seeing holes all over the Italian line too.
With regards to itoje it was crying out for the rolling maul.

And Brown isn't the player he was 2 years ago. Time for fresh blood in the backs. I've yet to see him break the gain line this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back