It is Record Store Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

kossoff

Striker
For those not aware, over the last number of years, one Saturday in April each year has been dedicated to independent record stores. This is done by special one off releases and special re-issues by bands. A list of this year's releases are here:

RSD 2018 - Record Store Day

Anyone popping down to their local to pick anything up? Or is anyone already in line? What pieces are you after today?

I'm gonna see if I can get hold of the Soundgarden, Nas and Rage Against The Machine vinyls and see if I can get hold of the Wu Tang cassette also.

I don't have a turntable but there's a release I'd really like. Do you get a digital download too?

Apart from hipsters who in their right mind would buy a cassette?
Collectors item. Won't get played. Not sure how that makes me/someone a hipster. You've never collected anything in your life?

I don't have a turntable but there's a release I'd really like. Do you get a digital download too?
It's not common but some of the vinyls do have digital downloads included. You'd have to look at the descriptions of the ones you're interested in.

Collectors item. Won't get played. Not sure how that makes me/someone a hipster. You've never collected anything in your life?

It's not common but some of the vinyls do have digital downloads included. You'd have to look at the descriptions of the ones you're interested in.
Ta, will check.

if there's a queue nee chance for me. I'm in charge of the kids for a couple hours.

Ta, will check.

if there's a queue nee chance for me. I'm in charge of the kids for a couple hours.
I don't know what it is like where you are but Piccadilly Records in Manc where I used to go, I would end up queueing from about 5am and still take over an hour from opening to get in (so 4-5 hours queueing) but I believe that was one of the busiest in the country. Here in Malaga I turned up last year an hour early and the whole time the queue just consisted of me and 1 other person. So I'm just going out in a minute to go when the shop opens (10am here).

I don't know what it is like where you are but Piccadilly Records in Manc where I used to go, I would end up queueing from about 5am and still take over an hour from opening to get in (so 4-5 hours queueing) but I believe that was one of the busiest in the country. Here in Malaga I turned up last year an hour early and the whole time the queue just consisted of me and 1 other person. So I'm just going out in a minute to go when the shop opens (10am here).
Hope it's as nice there as the sunny north east :cool:

There's nothing that takes my fancy anyway this year. There is a new remix album by The Cure called Torn Down, but that is getting a general release in June so I'm just going to save myself the hassle and wait till then

The whole point originally was to highlight the smaller independent record stores but now it’s another corporate love-in for the eBay vultures. Hardly anything bought today will get played by those who buy it.
I buy off eBay cos I can never find much 90s stuff in the record shops I tend to go in.

You try to help a man and he tells you to fuck off

Sigh

I agree with him completely.

586 Records • Music Speaks Louder than Words

I buy off eBay cos I can never find much 90s stuff in the record shops I tend to go in.

That’s different to people who have no intention of visiting and supporting a local record store going out, buying some limited edition rsd 18 vinyl then putting it on eBay 5 minutes later for £200.

The record companies don’t care as they get their money regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back