Isle of Skye

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchy

Winger
I am planning on heading here for a long weekend to shoot time lapse for a project I am working on. The shots I am wanting are of the landscapes you would expect and of rugged mountain faces. Any reccomendations for locations to go to and tips in general would be appreciated.

So far I like the look of;
Suidhe Biorach,
Quiraing,
Loch Scavaig,
Old Man of Storr,
Trotternish Ridge

Bla Bheinn on the road to Elgol
Downstream from the Sligachan Hotel
Glen Brittle
Marsco - fairly easy climb

There are routes onto the ridge that are fairly easy, you wouldn't really want to be going around the ridge without help or experience

Bla Bheinn on the road to Elgol
Downstream from the Sligachan Hotel
Glen Brittle
Marsco - fairly easy climb

There are routes onto the ridge that are fairly easy, you wouldn't really want to be going around the ridge without help or experience

Class cheers mate. Bla Bheinn and the fairy pools at Glen Brittle are exactly the sort of thing I am after.

Yeah I am a complete novice and so is the person coming with me so don't fancy any hard to reach places. Are all the ones you listed fairly easy/not far from car to location? Going to have a lot of kit so going to have to decided what to take where.

Last edited:
Also try Elgol looking across the Cuillins. My family is from around Trotternish and there are some great places to shoot. Duntulm's canny too. There are countless great places, but your success will depend on one factor; the weather

Class cheers mate. Bla Bheinn and the fairy pools at Glen Brittle are exactly the sort of thing I am after.

Yeah I am a complete novice and so is the person coming with me so don't fancy any hard to reach places. Are all the ones you listed fairly easy/not far from car to location? Going to have a lot of kit so going to have to decided what to take where.
Marsco is a long walk down that path from the sligachan hotel. The others are near roads. Fairy pools a short slog down the hill then up again

Also try Elgol looking across the Cuillins. My family is from around Trotternish and there are some great places to shoot. Duntulm's canny too. There are countless great places, but your success will depend on one factor; the weather
I thought his first one covered that, just south of elgol

Neist point is another cracking location. Ask ken. He just sat in the car

Ord another one, a different coastal option to elgol. View of bla bheinn. Pronounced blahven if you want to show off to locals

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers, will check them all out. Looking like going in 1st/2nd week of June so really hoping to get lucky with weather

Marsco is a long walk down that path from the sligachan hotel. The others are near roads. Fairy pools a short slog down the hill then up again

Ord another one, a different coastal option to elgol. View of bla bheinn. Pronounced blahven if you want to show off to locals

Thanks for that. Fairy pools will be a defanite one I'll be going to. It's a bit tricky location scouting as some of the shots we get are going to need to look like Nepal, Tibet and Pakistan! Having looked at some of the locations so far they can definatley pass for them. A bit of computer trickery can be used to help as well. The lochs and the rocky mountain range will be what works best

Also I need all the help I can get with pronounciation I was worse than useless in Wales :lol:

Last edited:

Yeah right :evil:
AND it was bloody horizontal rain at Neist Point.
The Fairy Pools are excellent mind, was worth the SHORT SLOG.
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
SHORT SLOG :lol:

about 40 mins?

Class shot that really looking forward to going
Each way but well worth the effort. Not too bad a hike but for someone one like me who has 2 ton of titanium screwed into my spine it was a bit of an effort :cry::cry:

I found the Quiraing the most interesting, the scenery is stunning.

Each way but well worth the effort. Not too bad a hike but for someone one like me who has 2 ton of titanium screwed into my spine it was a bit of an effort :cry::cry:

Good going that then.

Quiraing & the fairy pools are two that we will be going to, looks like could spend a massive amount of time just in Quiraing. Planning on going Friday-Monday so will only really have two full days so will probably be limiting the different areas we go to.

Yeah right :evil:
AND it was bloody horizontal rain at Neist Point.
The Fairy Pools are excellent mind, was worth the SHORT SLOG.
:lol:

You're just a massive fanny ;)

Managed to get to Skye Thursday-Sunday last week. Unfortunatley didn't have great weather so struggled to get what I wanted but had to make do. Got a few stills then the rest are stills from within time lapse sequences. The time lapses that I have processed so far have came out better than the stills, mainly as the weather was so tempramental the sky would be constantly changing.

Managed to get to Fairy pools, got the boat to Loch Coruisk and camped there for the night, then Quiraing on the last day when the weather got really bad as you will be able to see :lol:

Managed to get to Skye Thursday-Sunday last week. Unfortunatley didn't have great weather so struggled to get what I wanted but had to make do. Got a few stills then the rest are stills from within time lapse sequences. The time lapses that I have processed so far have came out better than the stills, mainly as the weather was so tempramental the sky would be constantly changing.

Managed to get to Fairy pools, got the boat to Loch Coruisk and camped there for the night, then Quiraing on the last day when the weather got really bad as you will be able to see :lol:

Bad luck on the wevva

I think it's been great in recent weeks too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back