Is your perception of the world really true?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've often wondered that since we only see things as refracted light, what would they look like as they really are? So you could see them as if you were an electron microscope and you could see radio waves and magnetic fields ?

I've often wondered that since we only see things as refracted light, what would they look like as they really are? So you could see them as if you were an electron microscope and you could see radio waves and magnetic fields ?
Too right.

Did anyone see the 'year million' series?

I don't normally even bother thinking about what's what but they had a sort of event horizon situation of when AI eventually gets that intelligent and decides if it should live with us as a slave to humans or whether it wants to take over completely. Bit will smith i am robot type thing. But apparently it will happen at some point.

Had another situ where humans just end up backing up their entire psyce to the cloud and can basically live for eternity without a body. Bit matrixy

Mad. I wonder what the smb will be like in 300 000 years time.

I wonder if we'll have even won a home game by then

.... I forgot to add, once you've measured the
:lol:

You're just putting fancy words and symbols to what the vid and me is saying mate. ;)

Dont take it personally marra but I think you might be one of the people that I refer to in post 52, apologies if not.

No offense but why do people take the stance that my way is right and yours MUST be wrong? I might believe in a different interpretation of QM than you. That doesn't mean one is more right than the other yet. .

I like the von-neuman-wagner interpretation. Yet you wont hear me slagging off the rest though. Take heed lol

Now dont get me wrong I know why you are getting your knickers in a twist. Everyone who knows about the differing interpretations do when I speak to them. Like all the other interpretations of quantum mechanics (QM), the VNW is only an interpretation of the formalism of QM. It is not a different theory with different empirical predictions. All interpretations of QM are empirically indistinguishable. That is, they are empty of empirical content. They relate instead to how we interpret, or give meaning to, the same formalism. Put another way, an interpretation is a non-empirical philosophical overlay upon the scientific formalism. Only the formalism makes quantitative predictions that can be empirically tested.

Another problem with VNW is define consciousness. In a scientifically rigorous way. No one has ever done that, since it is a philosophical question. Consciousness is not a thing. It is an abstract concept. So the idea of testing an interpretation of quantum mechanics involving consciousness is meaningless. There is a good reason why most scientists don't take that interpretation seriously. It borders on the nonsensical. But I dont, Because I have a open mind

Frankly it doesn't matter which (if any) interpretation is correct. They are just attempts to explain processes for which ordinary human language is inadequate.

Quantum-scale processes have been going on since the big bang. There is nothing special about human measurements except that the electrons are in a detector rather than in a star. We can't directly observe quantum phenomena anyway. There are always intermediate processes which are actually doing the "measurement" and causing what we call "wavefunction collapse". Quantum phenomena are weird and often counter intuitive, could they be magic? Maybe, probably not.

But I still want to believe.........................

Mate, honestly, you're saying words like "Quantum-scale processes" and "formalism of QM" but you're not making any sense. This is basic physics I'm on about. I'm talking about a basic well-documented tried-and-tested experiment. You're off on another planet talking about consciousness, the big bang and magic ffs. Ehhhhhhhhhhh?

Ferkin 'el merte.

.... I forgot to add, once you've measured the

Mate, honestly, you're saying words like "Quantum-scale processes" and "formalism of QM" but you're not making any sense. This is basic physics I'm on about. I'm talking about a basic well-documented tried-and-tested experiment. You're off on another planet talking about consciousness, the big bang and magic ffs. Ehhhhhhhhhhh?

Ferkin 'el merte.

I'm not making any sense because you're being obtuse. Your last sentence
tells me all about your closed mind psyche.

I'm not making any sense because you're being obtuse. Your last sentence
tells me all about your closed mind psyche.
You have no scientific education mate, that's why you make no sense. It's gobbledegook.

The double slit can be explained with 2 equations. You don't know that because you've never learned it or them.

I'm not trying to offend you here, I'm just telling you how it is. You need to start from square 1, get the basic under your belt, then move on to quantum physics. Your current ideas are way off the mark. I can only assume it's because you've been watching crazy videos like the one you posted.

I'm still having a hard time getting my head around how the double slit results change when the experiment is being observed, surely that cant be right.

I'm still having a hard time getting my head around how the double slit results change when the experiment is being observed, surely that cant be right.

It's simple mate.

In order to see the electron you have to throw a photon at it and the energy of the photon has to be large enough so it at least matches the energy of the electron. (Imagine throwing a tiny marble at a big steel ball bearing, it's not even going to budge it, you'll need a comparable sized marble to move the ball bearing.)

But, when throwing a high energy photon at an electron of lesser energy, you immedietly localize the electron. You give it a kick. Its new momentum and position will originate from the slit, not the electron gun at the start of the experiment. It's a brand new electron for all intents and purposes, with a new energy, position and velocity. Forget the old electron and where it came from, it's new origin is that detector (observer).

It's the Uncertainty Principle, to give it it's proper name. You can't measure something without fundamentaly affecting it. Measuring something is directly interacting with it. The more precisely you try to measure something, the more energy you have to throw at it.

It's actually a lot easier to just think of particles as waves. The electron was a wave before it was attacked by a photon thrown out by the detector/observer. The detector/observer made it into a particle, before that it was a wave on the EM field.

As someone allegedly said, what is "truth"? There are several theories of truth. Correspondence, coherence, semantic and pragmatist to name but four. Then you have problems involving necessary truths, contingent truths, a priori and a posteriori, it's a minefield. I'd recommend starting with Plato, Quine, Russell, Dummett, Putnam and Tarski and for mind dependent truths Kant. Enjoy. :)

Just read this and feel a bit queezy now :eek:

Have you seen the matrix? So what your saying is, that you'd rather not be pulled out or if you did you'd want back in ala Cypher?

I half watched the first one. Yeah, I guess that is what I'm saying. If I ever were to find out that my life was an illusion - a falsehood - I would be hard pressed to give it up and jump into a reality that might be shite compared to what I have now.

I half watched the first one. Yeah, I guess that is what I'm saying. If I ever were to find out that my life was an illusion - a falsehood - I would be hard pressed to give it up and jump into a reality that might be shite compared to what I have now.

Fair enough marra.

Each persons perceptions of the world/reality are different even though they coincide.

I do think we are just an illusion in this form and there's so much more out there when we die.

I don't believe in the afterlife as in Heaven and Hell and that religious bollocks but there's more there.

I had a sneak glimpse and the communication was via light and sound bursts almost like music. I had a DMT waterfall though so I could be wrong.

They do call it the spirit molecule and it felt right, always seems to be the same repeating things too.

Just felt comfortable and happy then and met two very large beings who didn't say anything just put their hands out and when I done the same was given a glimpse

Each persons perceptions of the world/reality are different even though they coincide.

I do think we are just an illusion in this form and there's so much more out there when we die.

I don't believe in the afterlife as in Heaven and Hell and that religious bollocks but there's more there.

I had a sneak glimpse and the communication was via light and sound bursts almost like music. I had a DMT waterfall though so I could be wrong.

They do call it the spirit molecule and it felt right, always seems to be the same repeating things too.

Just felt comfortable and happy then and met two very large beings who didn't say anything just put their hands out and when I done the same was given a glimpse
Was that when you were on DMT?

Did anyone see the 'year million' series?

I don't normally even bother thinking about what's what but they had a sort of event horizon situation of when AI eventually gets that intelligent and decides if it should live with us as a slave to humans or whether it wants to take over completely. Bit will smith i am robot type thing. But apparently it will happen at some point.
Toclafane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back