Is this the most insensitive headteacher ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the OP is going way OTT. Today, write the right (or wrong) letter of complaint and the press and social media are onto it.
Insensitivity ? Bloody hell.
I am just relaying what was in Times, Mail and BBC Newcastle.
So I am not really going over the top as you put it.. It is not often a local school gets so much coverage over a letter.
I am simply posting the fact and the reason it made the news were that parents were annoyed.

They'll determine your start point in life but not in the long run.

Once you get a few years under your belt, employers are more interested in experience and willingness to do the job and where necessary, go the extra mile.

The headmaster's contact with the real world does seem limited.
For me, results at school only served to set me back temporarily. I was fairly bright in primary school etc and always had the ability but when I went to comp, like lots of lads I suppose, I was more interested in fannying on and as a result I got mainly c and d grades in my GCSE's. I then worked in some pointless modern apprenticeships until I realised it was a waste of time so got a run of the mill job and paid my way through college and university to study for a degree part time. That gave me the platform to push on. Plenty will get average to poor GCSE grades but some will still make a success of it somehow.

I had the same talk from a freak of a Physics teacher I had. It's simply not true anyway. All you need is good enough results to get to the next stage of education/ job/ apprenticeship whatever....

Realistically; 11 A's at GCSE is no better then 5 C's and 6 U's if what you need for your dream apprenticeship is 4 C's. Ran into one of the least academic lads at my school recently in the pub, I doubt he got many GCSE's at all, he's now a fireman and loves it. That's 100% better then people who went to Russel Group universities and now hate their life in recruitment (or whatever).

As clique as it is to say we all know that education isn't for everyone, and exam results are not a marker of what you are as a person or how much you are going to enjoy your life.

Also, They're hardly bad results in the scheme of things, but I got 1 A, 6 B's and 4 C's at GCSE (and 1 B and 3 C's at A-Level) and I just got a full scholarship to Cambridge Uni. Once you have other qualifications or life skills your GCSE's and A-Levels are worthless.

Last edited:
They'll determine your start point in life but not in the long run.

Once you get a few years under your belt, employers are more interested in experience and willingness to do the job and where necessary, go the extra mile.

The headmaster's contact with the real world does seem limited.

I agree that it’s nit the only determining factor. I was the youngest/smallest in my class and if my birthday had been s few days different I’d have been in the following year. In retrospect I believe this had an impact on my educational achievement.

But

I worked like a fucker and I’m looking forward to a comfortable retirement after successful career/s. Mortgage free, new car. etc etc. I’ve got qualifications up the wazoo - none of which I got at school.

But for most people educational attainment will be an important factor.

Kids have it far too easy these days. It’s about time someone put the cat amongst the pigeons and mixed it up a bit.

Aye it must be a piece of piss having adults telling you how easy your life is.

I agree that it’s nit the only determining factor. I was the youngest/smallest in my class and if my birthday had been s few days different I’d have been in the following year. In retrospect I believe this had an impact on my educational achievement.

But

I worked like a fucker and I’m looking forward to a comfortable retirement after successful career/s. Mortgage free, new car. etc etc. I’ve got qualifications up the wazoo - none of which I got at school.

But for most people educational attainment will be an important factor.

If you want to go into something like law then it definitely has a major impact - the big London based firms won’t consider someone with a 2:2 from a former polytechnic who got poor A levels and GCSEs.

Other careers it’s nowhere near as important.

Last edited:
I have just heard that the Headteacher who wrote this letter is headvof St Wilfrid's in S Shields and also executive head of St Joseph's academy in Hebburn and St Bede's comprehensive in Peterlee.
How can such an insensitive clown get to such an axalted position.
1 word.

Religion.

Aye it must be a piece of piss having adults telling you how easy your life is.

If you want to go into something like law then it definitely has a major impact - the big London based firms won’t consider someone with a 2:2 from a former polytechnic who got poor A levels and GCSEs.

Other careers it’s nowhere near as important.

Is there anything you don’t moan about like a complete Fanny.

School apologises after headteacher writes to GCSE students warning results will determine finances | Daily Mail Online

In the exam system some children will get good results, some will get average results and some below average results. This headteacher should know that this is inevitable!!!
So to scare the children in this way is awful.
Also he is a head teacher at TWO CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS!!!!
His materialistic ethos does not fit with the Christian ethos.

Head teacher castigated for telling the truth shocker.

Nothing to see here (except spineless parents too terrified to have their own piss poor mentoring skills shown up by a professional attempting to focus his students minds on important exams)

Don't know why you think it's incompatible with Christianity. Jacob Rees Mogg is a devout Christian. The Queen is a devout Christian. Christianity has always been beholden to money.

Nothing to see here (except spineless parents too terrified to have their own piss poor mentoring skills shown up by a professional attempting to focus his students minds on important exams)
That would be an OK comment if he were telling the truth.
The students are being told that if they work hard and do well in their exams then they will have better houses cars and holidays!!!!

50 percent of the children will get lower than average results no matter how hard they work.

He was trying to scare the children into revising
I know that doesn't work

Don't know why you think it's incompatible with Christianity. Jacob Rees Mogg is a devout Christian. The Queen is a devout Christian. Christianity has always been beholden to money.
Religeon has always been beholden to money but Christianity isn't.
A lot of people confuse Religeon and Christianity.
But the Christian beliefs which means from the words of Christ has money as a very very low priority.

Last edited:

It's not the entire truth though is it. In education, training and … well... life ...there's a way of communicating important information and encouraging people to do well without exaggerating the negative implications of less-than-total success and thereby increasing the fear factor so that it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy and, for some. contributes to a self limiting belief.

Sounds like teaching has improved since I was at school, I was told my only hope was to join the army. :lol: I didn’t, looked like too much hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back