Is there more to this than we know?

Im not saying it couldn’t, but I also don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that it was made in a lab either.
“Lads I’ve got a great idea, let’s make a virus that causes about 80% of people who catch it to have flu like symptoms for a week or so.”

Yeah that sounds like a real winner in the chemical warfare stakes.

“Lads I’ve got a great idea, let’s make a virus that causes about 80% of people who catch it to have flu like symptoms for a week or so.”

A virus that only closed down most of the worlds economies. So if someone did release it its definitely done quite a bit of damage
Im not saying it couldn’t, but I also don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that it was made in a lab either.
It's absolutely possible it came from a lab considering there is a lab that works with coronaviruses in the very city the virus started. That is more logical than it coming from a bat. I understand other people's opinions but to totally rule out the lab theory when there is another possibility of its origin is just ignorance

Last edited:
A virus that only closed down most of the worlds economies. So if someone did release it its definitely done quite a bit of damage

It's absolutely possible it came from a lab considering there is a lab that works with coronaviruses in the very city the virus started. That is more logical than it coming from a bat. I understand other people's opinions but to totally rule out the lab theory when there is another possibility of its origin is just ignorance
There is LITERALLY no evidence of it being man made other than in the fevered imaginations of idiots.

Post-it pads were invented during the search for a new super-glue.

It could be a 'failed' attempt at a super-virus that got loose.

I think it came from America and ruling that out is just ignorance. I mean PREDICT, the American Agency that studied and catalogued viruses with the potential to cause pandemics suspiciously stopped doing fieldwork in September 2019 and the virus comes about just after that and then Trump stopped funding for it altogether in March. Why would he do that unless he was hiding something?!

Or all the above could be bollocks and purely circumstantial with no real value as evidence?

Batshit crazy.

That said they will certainly attempt to increase/maintain levels of public scrutiny in terms of pursuing and maintaining relevant legislation as long as they can as a result of the pandemic. That has already been determined from the outset.

There is LITERALLY no evidence of it being man made other than in the fevered imaginations of idiots.

Don't you find it strange though that a corona virus that has caused a global pandemic around the world started off in a city where scientists worked on and tested corona viruses?

If I had to bet £1,000, I wouldn't say that the virus is "man-made", but rather it leaked from the laboratory where they were studying/experimenting with coronaviruses. Tin hat firmly off. We'll almost definitely never know what exactly happened.

Last edited:
I am no conspiracy theorist but in cases like this, i think it’s best to keep an open mind.
That is exactly the right attitude to have. But there are a lot of people automatically calling the people with open minds conspiracy theorists or flat earthers it's like you can't have an opinion on something considered a conspiracy theory you have to disagree with it or you are a crazy nut job with a tinfoil hat

Last edited:
Serious question, not trying to be some conspiracy nut job (although this may sound like it) but does anyone think there’s a chance that there could be more to this than we know?

With the furlong pay and declaring what you earn etc, Will this make it a lot harder for people to fiddle the tax system in future? Bring permanent tax changes. If we move more to a cashless society, this would bring in millions in extra tax.
Tracking and tracing apps on your phone, giving details when going to the pub. Easier for the police/less trouble.
is it a way of gaining greater control over certain things?
The numbers go down when the government want people back to work, there’s stories of deaths being wrongly attributed to C-19.
I bet some of the above will change permanently and be around long after Covid.

On the other hand could it have came from a lab in China? when big western businesses hit financial trouble due to the economic impact the Chinese step in and buy it, more power over the west for China. Wars aren’t fort on the battle field anymore.

Most likely it’s genuinely just a pandemic which originated as we are told but I do like a good conspiracy thread :lol:

There is a global debate going on. Some want to do nefarious things to the world population others are more pragmatic but the underlying sentiment seems like more technology. Progress or enslavement depending on viewpoint.

My own view is that technocracy is bad, the enslavement option and doesn't fit my vision of utopia - nature, abundance, happiness. Why do people lie down and not fight for their vision Utopia and acquiesce?

I think it came from America and ruling that out is just ignorance. I mean PREDICT, the American Agency that studied and catalogued viruses with the potential to cause pandemics suspiciously stopped doing fieldwork in September 2019 and the virus comes about just after that and then Trump stopped funding for it altogether in March. Why would he do that unless he was hiding something?!

Or all the above could be bollocks and purely circumstantial with no real value as evidence?
The UK done the same by scrapping a pandemic team 6 months before coronavirus hit the UK.

I saw a coronavirus expert at the start of this say their are billions of coronavirus. The overwhelming majority we don’t even know about.

So this virus seems perfect for human infection but as he said bear in mind this might be one of a billion variants and suddenly the odds of one of those being the perfect human virus make sense.

I don't believe any conspiracy theories about governments trying to control people and certainly not to get a few extra tax pounds in. I do think the virus is man made though.
The odds favour you have it the wrong way round especially how the government controlled a lot of people in the last election and the Brexit campaign so I will let you have a tenner at 100/1. As for Covid 19 being man made its already been rubbished by the likes of Oxford who are hopefully going to make at least 90 % of the world immune to it... but keep drinking the Domestos if you want to.

The odds favour you have it the wrong way round especially how the government controlled a lot of people in the last election and the Brexit campaign so I will let you have a tenner at 100/1. As for Covid 19 being man made its already been rubbished by the likes of Oxford who are hopefully going to make at least 90 % of the world immune to it... but keep drinking the Domestos if you want to.

As Mi6 have said it's still perfectly credible that the virus is from a Wuhan lab then you're on, a tenner at 100/1 it's not a internationally orchestrated government plot across all continents to control people and raise taxes.

Tracking and tracing apps on your phone...
Spoke to a couple of people about this recently. Including my mam, who is a consipracy nut. She was kicking off about the settings added to phones to allow access to tracking apps.

I had to explain to her (very slowly) what it does. Even if the UK had a track and trace app, and you downloaded it, and allowed it access, it doesn't use your location data. Whereas Google and Apple track your phone everywhere you go. That's before you install any other apps. If you were that worried about being tracked you wouldn't have a smartphone.

Back