Is there bother in Edinburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talking to a mutual friend yesterday and he confirmed it was mostly sly attacks by Hibs fans on ordinary Sunderland supporters.

You (or LTR) have never stopped going on how our boys took it to Hibs a few years back, taking them by surprise in their own back yard before coming down and doing Newcastle.

Obvious to anyone that their lads are going to remember it, and remember the likes of you crowing about it.

Sunderland's lads this time don't turn up on the day as they are shit scared of retribution and guess what the Hibs neds just take it out on the ordinary Sunderland fans.

Out of order but it wasn't difficult to predict.

You (or LTR) have never stopped going on how our boys took it to Hibs a few years back, taking them by surprise in their own back yard before coming down and doing Newcastle.

Obvious to anyone that their lads are going to remember it, and remember the likes of you crowing about it.

Sunderland's lads this time don't turn up on the day as they are shit scared of retribution and guess what the Hibs neds just take it out on the ordinary Sunderland fans.

Out of order but it wasn't difficult to predict.

Yes but the Derby match is close whereby fuck all will happen

Aug 9 2011

RIVAL supporters yesterday claimed Hibs thugs were "looking for fans to hurt" at a football friendly.

Women and kids were caught up in the violence in Edinburgh as running battles broke out before and after the match between Hibernian and Sunderland at Easter Road on Saturday.

Police made eight arrests and one man was treated for a head injury and another for a broken rib.

Yesterday, Sunderland supporters' chiefs insisted their followers were not to blame and said they were "totally disgusted" by feedback from fans.

The scenes triggered more than 100 pages of comment on one of the English club's internet chatrooms.

Fans' rep Fred Taylor claimed: "Our supporters are not whiter than white but I don't think any of our fans instigated trouble.

"I think it was 100 per cent Hibs fans looking for Sunderland fans to hurt.

"It's come as a total surprise.

There's no rivalry between the clubs and lots of people took their families because they thought it would be a nice atmosphere. A lot of people travelled with kids."

Police said most of the eight arrests were for breach of the peace.

Steven Brockie, of Hibs' Carlton supporters' club, said: "There was obviously a casual element involved but there were troublemakers on both sides."

He added: "I was in our club pre-match and there were a lot of Sunderland fans but no trouble."
We're in the paper!

:cool::cool::cool:

:lol: that was an unbelieveable response mind... personally I'd just ban any twat wearing a baseball cap, stone island or trying to walk like Liam Gallagher

We were in The Elm pub on saturday and a Bloke who must have been in his 50s and a bit portly strolled in wearing Baggy stone island jeans, chequered burberry shirt and a baseball cap. He looked a right banana :)

We were in The Elm pub on saturday and a Bloke who must have been in his 50s and a bit portly strolled in wearing Baggy stone island jeans, chequered burberry shirt and a baseball cap. He looked a right banana :)

Some of the lad's who i go seafishing with wear that gear for our boat trips:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back