Is the future bright?

Mack62

Full Back
I’ve said it before and I will again, we are an average 1st Division outfit. We lack quality in all areas, it’s a case of knuckling down and getting the points in anyway be it messy or quality.

JR was the right man and would have achieved it better with this squad of players, we must hope that we can stay in touch by the Transfer window and hope there is money available for Parkinson to buy wisely, I do fear for the worse otherwise.

Could we become the next Bolton
Or Bury?

I’ve said it before and I will again, we are an average 1st Division outfit. We lack quality in all areas, it’s a case of knuckling down and getting the points in anyway be it messy or quality.

JR was the right man and would have achieved it better with this squad of players, we must hope that we can stay in touch by the Transfer window and hope there is money available for Parkinson to buy wisely, I do fear for the worse otherwise.

Could we become the next Bolton
Or Bury?

The future is far from bright with some of the clowns we have in important positions.
We'd have to make some seriously bad financial decisions to become a Bolton or Bury after what Short did, but this is Safc so rule nothing out.

It’s brighter under a new manager. Hang on I got down to your ‘JR was the right man’ and realised you are just another WUM.
All about opinions you sound like one of the hounders who cry when it’s bad and cheer when it’s good. JR did nothing wrong and we were in with a shout of
we now have a manager who has inherited someone else’s squad that does not fit his brief. Hope I’m wrong but I think we are up the creek without a paddle

All about opinions you sound like one of the hounders who cry when it’s bad and cheer when it’s good. JR did nothing wrong and we were in with a shout of
we now have a manager who has inherited someone else’s squad that does not fit his brief. Hope I’m wrong but I think we are up the creek without a paddle
We were quite clearly regressing at an alarming rate with JR, it was obvious.

We were quite clearly regressing at an alarming rate with JR, it was obvious.
Game in hand, 3 points away from an automatic promotion slot, beat two good premiership teams in the cup, it wasn’t pretty but it was getting us where we wanted.

Am thawing to the new manager. Would not go as far as warming yet. However, anyone should get a fair crack of the whip. Take the manager out of the equation for a second and I have little confidence that we will make progress. That is aimed fully at those above the new manager.

I want to learn more about the ‘investment’.

I feel that plays a huge part in our future.

It’s the difference between getting decent players in the January transfer window or not.

I feel the January transfer window is huge for us.

@Grumpy Old Man any insight/thoughts?

I want to learn more about the ‘investment’.

I feel that plays a huge part in our future.

It’s the difference between getting decent players in the January transfer window or not.

I feel the January transfer window is huge for us.

@Grumpy Old Man any insight/thoughts?

Unless there are other filings soon, it looks as though it's an unsecured loan from FPP to Madrox, which has then been used to buy new shares in Sunderland Limited.

I wouldn't expect a spending spree in January. We need to be careful about pushing wages much higher than they are. While it's true that the nature of the investment raises our SCMP salary cap, it's for this season only. Hiking the wage bill, and then not going up could leave us in a worse position next July. It's a balancing act.

Unless there are other filings soon, it looks as though it's an unsecured loan from FPP to Madrox, which has then been used to buy new shares in Sunderland Limited.

I wouldn't expect a spending spree in January. We need to be careful about pushing wages much higher than they are. While it's true that the nature of the investment raises our SCMP salary cap, it's for this season only. Hiking the wage bill, and then not going up could leave us in a worse position next July. It's a balancing act.
Thanks for responding.

I love your thoughts & insight on all things financial regarding Sunderland.

Back