Is Sunderland a city of the future?

Just been having a bit Google to find out what’s happening with the E sports thing near the stadium. Anyway found this link makes a good read, I totally missed this about the Place. Canny investment repurposing the Place, the Audi garage and 3 of those beautiful old houses. Hopefully it draws in a bit more.

Just been having a bit Google to find out what’s happening with the E sports thing near the stadium. Anyway found this link makes a good read, I totally missed this about the Place. Canny investment repurposing the Place, the Audi garage and 3 of those beautiful old houses. Hopefully it draws in a bit more.

was supposed to be by the end of Q1 this year but I think its got to fall in with the full 5G connectivity around the stadium park / Boldyn networks

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea when or if the fountains at Keel Square will be switched back on?

Had a few comments asking me and I have no idea.

looking through planning, this development off a few years ago has now been given an extension of time on decision (updated docs march this year) until august - thought there might be a few new developers sniffing around this site been right next to the new studios

looking through planning, this development off a few years ago has now been given an extension of time on decision (updated docs march this year) until august - thought there might be a few new developers sniffing around this site been right next to the new studios

I hope this doesn't go ahead. There's plenty of these places close enough to the proposed area. It anything houses would be better

Back