Is Rigg

Have to say I thought he's looked knackered 25mins in the last two games although still massively skillfully. It's alot to ask for a 16 year old to keep up with fully physically developed men for 50-90 mins. Id be happy if he was brought on after about 50 mins in some games to give him more opportunity to shine
This.

Definitely gets my vote but I struggle to see how we play all of our midfielders IF we get one or two decent forwards in this summer.

Rigg should be starting next season week in week out. He has no ceiling with how good he can be.
As much as that would be class, his body just isn’t nowhere near mature enough for a 40+ game season, lads unreal but slowly slowly catchy monkey, he and the club will have a clear pathway and vision for him going forward and just hope it’s enough to convince him to sign pro terms when 17.

I reckon he will, no better place for young lads than Sunderland atm.

Would love him to actually play in his usual position but in typical Sunderland fashion sticking someone out of position always comes first 😂

I saw Kenny Dalglish make his debut for Celtic v Hamilton Accies when he was 17. You could see that he struggled a bit physically against more mature lads but quality shone through. He developed whilst he played.

Let Chris Rigg play. We have a star on our hands.
Looked very comfortable again the few times we managed to get the ball to him today. It's a shame we've been struggling as an attacking unit just as he's getting decent game time.

Back