Is Rigg

Rigg seems pretty fresh, Jobe seems pretty knackered. Play the kids. I could play 2 games a day at 17. Russell foster, maybe a pub game later running past the old fatties. It’s a mindset at that age, bulletproof, run through walls.(not felt much pain either)

I think he is good enough to be in this team for sure, but the reality is he is 16 years old and with that comes a body that is still developing. It might seem nothing to some, but in top level sport it’s massive. I think Dodds is giving him the right minutes at this point in his development for sure. With only a handful of games left I would leave him in now.

Have to say I thought he's looked knackered 25mins in the last two games although still massively skillfully. It's alot to ask for a 16 year old to keep up with fully physically developed men for 50-90 mins. Id be happy if he was brought on after about 50 mins in some games to give him more opportunity to shine
Yeah I fully agree with this

He’s obviously a super talent but 90 min and starting is a big ask.

I’d like 60 min out of him from start or 40 min to finish etc

Have to say I thought he's looked knackered 25mins in the last two games although still massively skillfully. It's alot to ask for a 16 year old to keep up with fully physically developed men for 50-90 mins. Id be happy if he was brought on after about 50 mins in some games to give him more opportunity to shine
Have to say he did look shagged when he came off. I've no problem with him starting but they need to carefully manage his game time.

We need to get a top manager in to look after all of these young lads. Galvanise the team and move us forward. Create an atmosphere of loyalty where the good nes don’t want to leave. Make the others look better than they are and sell them for good money and use that money to move the team forward. Never sell your diamonds though.

As much as that would be class, his body just isn’t nowhere near mature enough for a 40+ game season, lads unreal but slowly slowly catchy monkey, he and the club will have a clear pathway and vision for him going forward and just hope it’s enough to convince him to sign pro terms when 17.

I reckon he will, no better place for young lads than Sunderland atm.

He will have already agreed for him to sign pro terms, he wouldnt of signed a scholarship if not. With him playing so well, wouldnt surprise me if terms were renegotiated.

Last edited:
The only plus from this shit show of having fuck all to play for is Rigg is getting starts and it should bode well for next season
Have to say he did look shagged when he came off. I've no problem with him starting but they need to carefully manage his game time.

There's three games left he's not going to suffer from burnout. He's started 6 times from 43 matches, and made 18 appearances overall. He's fine. I don't think he looked buggered yesye tbf, against Leeds he did, much less recovery time from Bristol City to Leeds. Find yesterday though .

Last edited:

Back