Is it really effing worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the official rules are out just had a conversation with my wife and we basically agreed regardless of the rules at most we will spend a bit of time with family outside to exchange presents.

We would like nothing more then to let our 2 children see their grandparents. For one it’s their 1st Christmas. But grandparents are between 68 and 74 and one other family member has underlying conditions.

If the vaccine was never coming or 4 or 5 years off we might have a different view but all indications are it’s just around the corner.

If it’s effective then hopefully the wider family and grandparents can have 10-20 more years with them.

It’s everyone’s personal choice but the tragic reality is simple statistics suggest that for a number of people mixing at Christmas will inevitably pass on Covid to vulnerable relatives who die and they may well have to live with the thought that had they just waited a few more months until the vaccine but for a couple of days they could have had many more years with them. I couldn’t live with myself knowing that.

If wider family is very frail or ill and may not see next year I can understand it. But even Covid deniers accept older people are at risk and I can’t understand why anyone would roll the dice with vulnerable family for the sake of one or two days.
You have to have it to pass it on, why not take a test just prior to xmas and then isolate?

Its the truth. At work the mask wearing is pure token and its impossible to social distance in reality. Our lass works in a school and their covid protocols are genuinely non-existant.

I went out for food before the restaurants shut and the manager is showing us the special on his phone and leaves it on the table to look at :lol:

I break the odd rule but generally do follow it. I'm just saying that not many people I know are.

I viewed a house recently and the sellers didn't wait outside like recommended and they said we didn't have ti wear masks...

Says more about them tbh, if you are influenced by them behaving like idiots thats your issue and you will have to deal with any consequences.

Says more about them tbh, if you are influenced by them behaving like idiots thats your issue and you will have to deal with any consequences.
We do what we can to keep safe but workplaces are telling people they can't isolate unless they have a positive test themselves regardless of 'contact'. What concerns do people have?

Its the truth. At work the mask wearing is pure token and its impossible to social distance in reality. Our lass works in a school and their covid protocols are genuinely non-existant.

I went out for food before the restaurants shut and the manager is showing us the special on his phone and leaves it on the table to look at :lol:

I break the odd rule but generally do follow it. I'm just saying that not many people I know are.

I viewed a house recently and the sellers didn't wait outside like recommended and they said we didn't have ti wear masks...

Yeah we've viewed loads of houses and had the full range. One person no mask, full family with kids masked, couple masked

as previously mentioned, if we stayed with my family it would piss the in laws off, so it looks like me and the wife will just be staying at home and probably drop in and see my dad who is part of our support bubble anyway. not worth the hassle playing family politics at xmas.

del boy, few bottles, chocolates and eating plenty other shite, will do me with ample darts on either side of xmas.

I’m actually surprised Drakeford and Sturgeon agreed. I notice that care home residents over 65 are not included, but aren’t they the first cohort to get the prospective vaccine, possibly as early as the first week of December?

Anyone see the “ scientist “ on the news , telling everyone to wear a mask inside at Christmas and to leave the windows open in case you catch the virus .

our lass just piped up ,” I wish they’d just fuck off with the scaremongering “

People have had enough with the preaching.

Nobody is being told to wash their hands? Tables aren't one metre apart? Year groups are freely mixing at play times and lunch times? Nobody is self-isolating if a family member tests positive?

I'll probably exchange gifts outside and then see if I can blag a takeaway Chrimbo dinner to take back home from the bairns grandad (if he's making one) - I really dont want to make a massive Christmas dinner just for myself tbh.

Nobody is being told to wash their hands? Tables aren't one metre apart? Year groups are freely mixing at play times and lunch times? Nobody is self-isolating if a family member tests positive?
No room for tables 1m apart apparently. Kids are off 'isolating and toddle back in 2 days later. Staff have to use reception phone to ringnosrents after each other etc etc.

Just a shambls really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back