Is football manager still going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, but it's in serious trouble financially. I'm friends with a few people who work there, and unfortunately their sales have plummeted over the last 2 years to the point where they made a huge loss on their last offering. Not sure how FM18 has gone, but I think the trend away from that type of gaming for teenagers has pretty much caused havoc.

Yes, but it's in serious trouble financially. I'm friends with a few people who work there, and unfortunately their sales have plummeted over the last 2 years to the point where they made a huge loss on their last offering. Not sure how FM18 has gone, but I think the trend away from that type of gaming for teenagers has pretty much caused havoc.
They are all playing PUBG, Fortnite or World of Tanks (adults, me)

Almost forgot Paul Warhurst, goal machine in 4-3-3 Pass to Feet (as was Nigel Clough)
Ian Wright was a beast for a few seasons. You could get him from Burnley for 200k, guaranteed 20 goals a season.

My favourite was Shabani Nonda. He'd cost a few mil like but scored 2 a game without fail. Joined Blackburn during the 00's and did fuckall. Legend on my CM team though.

A proper journeyman. I usually start as Hartlepool, get them into the Champ, then take the Sunderland job when the inevitable sacking happens.

I took the England job once and hired Bally as my assistant/U23's/U18's manager, then quit after the WC and left Bally in charge. :lol::cool:

That's not a journeyman :D

I first got it when I broke my leg in 4 places in the early 00's. It was perfect for my boredom of being housebound, but very addictive. I often fell asleep in the chair whilst playing, then just carried on once awake.
Not sure how folk would have the time if they work.

I was never that bad with it :lol::lol:

I just meant in terms of managing different teams. I never tried managing a foreign team like. I'd start with a L2/L1 minnow then take the Sunderland job as soon as offered. Fuck going abroad.

A journeyman would be managing obscure teams around the world and never really staying more than a season. You're a bit like me by the sound of it; starting at a lowish English club and working your way up.

A journeyman would be managing obscure teams around the world and never really staying more than a season. You're a bit like me by the sound of it; starting at a lowish English club and working your way up.
i like to start unemployed and apply for vacant positions. Usually means holidaying for a few months in the beginning with auto apply settings. My current fm12 game with chester started that way with me having no reputation. Took the chester job in october 1st season and have them in the prem. Been the most enjoyable game of cm/fm I've had, hence why I still play it.

They are all playing PUBG, Fortnite or World of Tanks (adults, me)

Yeah and FIFA has a bunch of modes that satisfy some of the longer term squad building elements of it. I mean FM is a hard commitment compared to a lot of games in terms of time vs results.

i like to start unemployed and apply for vacant positions. Usually means holidaying for a few months in the beginning with auto apply settings. My current fm12 game with chester started that way with me having no reputation. Took the chester job in october 1st season and have them in the prem. Been the most enjoyable game of cm/fm I've had, hence why I still play it.

I often do this too.

It’s failing because they’re overegging their pudding then selling it when it’s only half done. A firm that sold a new make of car that had to have updated bits added every few weeks wouldn’t last so wtf makes these so special? The arrogance of the computer industry knows no bounds

Not too surprised. As you say most kids now are all about their online gaming, FIFA and PUBG being the main ones. My lasses 15 year old loves his football, goes to loads of matches, he's never off FIFA but he's got no interest in FM, don't think any of his mates do either.

FM has a couple of issues; it's not very fast paced for groups of lads talking to each other over their headsets, doesn't make for a great multiplayer game. Also, although I know it isn't their fault, they'll be struggling a bit due to not being able to make a good console version of it. Almost all kids have a console and a phone, I'd say most (teenage type years when you'd expect them to get into FM) have a tablet, but as a result there's not much need for them to have desktop or laptop computers as well. As a result the manager mode on FIFA will be as much as they bother with, if they even touch that

It’s failing because they’re overegging their pudding then selling it when it’s only half done. A firm that sold a new make of car that had to have updated bits added every few weeks wouldn’t last so wtf makes these so special? The arrogance of the computer industry knows no bounds

This as well mind. Got sick of having to download through steam and then find major bugs that they took months to fix. The bugs were that obvious that you thought surely if they'd done the most basic of product testing they'd have found them before releasing it! Seems like they decided the customers could also act as their testers and they'd fix the bugs later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back