Is 09 The Best Choice To Partner Ballard - Yes or No

Another 2 yesterday to add to the total

He'll just trot out a load of bollocks about pass completion, forgetting that the lad is a CB first and foremost.

And your reaction to the latest onien fuck ups yesterday?

Why do posters actively search for people's previous posts man :lol:

It was a shit pass. As far as defensive duties went through, he was fine again

Not going to lie, I'd like to give him a run at CDM purely because we have no one else. But O Nien other than the wrestling part of his game, has done well defensively.
Said all along he would be superb as a DCM.
But equally, he is the pick of our Defenders this year.
To me, whoever is picking the team only have to pick 8 players, because Luke, Clarke and Patto are f***ing nailed on imo.
The rest all still have a point to prove.
Luke is my player of the season so far.

Said all along he would be superb as a DCM.
But equally, he is the pick of our Defenders this year.
To me, whoever is picking the team only have to pick 8 players, because Luke, Clarke and Patto are f***ing nailed on imo.
The rest all still have a point to prove.
Luke is my player of the season so far.

Goes without saying Clarke is player of the season and with good reason. O Nien you could argue is most improved, and it's a huge improvement.

O Nien has gone from playing in a defence of Hume, Ballard, O Nien, Cirkin/ Huggins to
Hume Seelt O Nien, Hjelde

A huge drop in quality and any player will suffer as a result, yet his performance was still steady enough yesterday . Hjelde and Seelt on the otherhand...

Why do posters actively search for people's previous posts man :lol:

It was a shit pass. As far as defensive duties went through, he was fine again
Don’t actively search for anything. Appeared two posts above mine. And didn’t need to - thoughts on the first goal? About 30 yards out of position or going to excuse that.

Don’t actively search for anything. Appeared two posts above mine. And didn’t need to - thoughts on the first goal? About 30 yards out of position or going to excuse that.

He isn't the first defender to venture forward making a pass and won't be the last.

Thoughts on the first goal are as follows, Hume and Seelt shockingly out of position which fucked the entire shape of the defence. First goal was stupid and Hume and Seelt need to be taught more on positional awareness, given that it had a knock on effect.

But the tactics and shape in that first half confused everybody. Do I think O Nien was at fault for the first goal? No. Would I blame Seelt and especially Hume more? Absolutely.

He isn't the first defender to venture forward making a pass and won't be the last.

Thoughts on the first goal are as follows, Hume and Seelt shockingly out of position which fucked the entire shape of the defence. First goal was stupid and Hume and Seelt need to be taught more on positional awareness, given that it had a knock on effect.

But the tactics and shape in that first half confused everybody. Do I think O Nien was at fault for the first goal? No. Would I blame Seelt and especially Hume more? Absolutely.
Have you even watched it back? Onien drifted 30 yards across the pitch and the header comes from the man he was supposed to be marking, and Hjelde had to leave the goalscorer to try and mark the guy who headed it. Definitely not at fault though, couldn't blame sweet luke for anything could we?

Have you even watched it back? Onien drifted 30 yards across the pitch and the header comes from the man he was supposed to be marking, and Hjelde had to leave the goalscorer to try and mark the guy who headed it. Definitely not at fault though, couldn't blame sweet luke for anything could we?

Have you seen where Seelt and Hume were positioned to allow their left sided player the freedom to get the cross in? Have a look back pal and tell me they were in position

Have you seen where Seelt and Hume were positioned to allow their left sided player the freedom to get the cross in? Have a look back pal and tell me they were in position
They didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory for the second. 09 looked quite pissed at them.

My initial post also criticises them. But them being out of position is all the more reason for onien to NOT then come rushing across like a headless chicken

I love the lad but I don't think he is good enough to be a starter for a team that is wanting to challenge right at the top of this league at CB. The problem is we are lacking aggression and bite and that's where both he and Ballard excel so we do need him right now.

Kind of a catch-22 situation.

Back