Ipswich

We got into the Playoffs with 69pts last season, they are on 60pts now...average for 6th place is around 73/74pts.

16 Games left

Can you really see them messing it up?

They shouldn't mess it up..6 of their final 7 matches are teams in the top 12. But before that they have a generous run of fixtures.

If the wheels haven’t fell off, they’re hanging on by one bolt each.

Knocked out of the FA cup by Maidstone and 2 wins in 10 in the league.

15 points clear of 7th so they’ve probably already done enough for the playoffs, but form is as important going into them.
They’ve had a tough last few games. They now have a much easier run. Next 9 games are Millwall, Swansea, Rotherham, Birmingham, Plymouth, Bristol City, Cardiff, Sheff Wed, and Blackburn. They should have too much for most / all of those teams. They’ve only lost 4 games this season - home and away to Leeds, and away to Preston & West Brom. They will be fine.

They shouldn't mess it up..6 of their final 7 matches are teams in the top 12. But before that they have a generous run of fixtures.
Like I said earlier in the thread I'd prefer them to go on winning run and take points off those around us...just don't think they'll mess it up.

Ideally they don’t go up, lose McKenna and they’ll be just mid table next season. If we don’t go up this season we need Hull and Ipswich to fail, Leicester, Leeds and Southampton to go up.

I reckon they've got enough to hang on for fourth. So we need to finish 5th and beat them 2-1 in both semi-finals. Then on to Wembley!
We were better than them in both games this season and if those results had gone the other way we would be practically neck and neck.
Fifth is only a couple of points away right now, so when Beale gets us motoring that scenario is well within reach.

Easier (on paper) run of games for the Tractor Boys now, should easily make the play offs and then its a Lottery.......They have chucked their money about in the hopes of buying promotion and won't be too far off.....

Leicester and Southampton Automatic for me.....With Leeds, Ipswich, WBA and one other in the play offs with Leeds probably just favourites to win that. :cool:

Despite 1 win in 9 we’ve dominated the stats in a fair few of those games and somehow are still averaging 2 points a game. First half of the season every coin flip game went in our favour. But after watching 6 years of McCarthy hoofball and 3 years of Paul Lambert it’s just enjoyable watching us compete at the top of the second tier again.

No level headed town fan thinks or expects us to get autos. You’d like to think we’ll finish between 80-85 points comfortably in the top 6 given our current points total. But it’s football so who knows. Still a top achievement for a promoted side like you last season.

Those national podcasts putting us high up has really spun the narrative about town

Back