Ipswich

If the wheels haven’t fell off, they’re hanging on by one bolt each.

Knocked out of the FA cup by Maidstone and 2 wins in 10 in the league.

15 points clear of 7th so they’ve probably already done enough for the playoffs, but form is as important going into them.
Aye, 12 more points will likely see them in the play offs.

Even in this recent run of bad form they’ve taken 9 points from 9 games.

So projecting that over the remaining fixtures, they’ll be on 76 points and fine for play offs.

They’ve taken 6 points off us so it sounds daft to say this but I wouldn’t fear them over 2 legs or at Wembley.

Last edited:
If the wheels haven’t fell off, they’re hanging on by one bolt each.

Knocked out of the FA cup by Maidstone and 2 wins in 10 in the league.

15 points clear of 7th so they’ve probably already done enough for the playoffs, but form is as important going into them.

Was thinking similar recently, Leeds / Southampton will get 2nd spot

Ipswich almost certain top 6 but likely relatively poor form entering them . Although they could have a bad run now for 10 games then be on the up again in May !

Leeds and Southampton are winning pretty much every game though, whereas the playoff chasers are closing the gap much more slowly.

Perhaps right there. Still though the gap is closing. Was 19 points 7 weeks ago. It's now 13. Not saying we'll catch them.. but I think Ipswich making the play offs isn't as clear cut as some say

They've done well after promotion, but were always likely to hit the skids.

Can't remember it ever happening, but i think you'd get short odds now on last years 3 relegated Premier League clubs going straight back up, and the 3 promoted teams from the Championship going straight back down.

They haven’t already done enough for the playoffs. They’ll need atleast 70 points.
Yep, some seasons have been 77 points, 75 etc. Last year was a bit of a low one, which allowed us to benefit.

They’ll do well to f*** it up from here mind, such was the strength of their position around Christmas. They’re 15 points clear of 7th, so I just can’t see it.

Certainly not bothered about potentially facing them in the play offs though, convinced we’re the better team.

Playoff spot surely.

Southampton 2nd, Leeds 3rd..playoffs
Last gameweek of the season it’s Leeds v Southampton. Looking very likely it will be an automatic promotion decider for those two.

Can’t imagine anything other than 4th for Ipswich right now and a defeat in the play off semi.

Perhaps right there. Still though the gap is closing. Was 19 points 7 weeks ago. It's now 13. Not saying we'll catch them.. but I think Ipswich making the play offs isn't as clear cut as some say
We got into the Playoffs with 69pts last season, they are on 60pts now...average for 6th place is around 73/74pts.

16 Games left

Can you really see them messing it up?

Back