Ipswich town squad size

Another club capable of getting it right and winning that league, even more of a reason to be out of it. Will be incredibly competitive again next season.

Sheff Wed
Derby
MK Dons
Wycombe
Ipswich
Oxford
Pompey
Plymouth
Barnsley
Peterborough

Any of them are capable of winning that league.

To be honest that was one of the things I was most relieved about getting promotion this season for.

Yet another close season rebuilding, with a shit ton of teams to compete against who had a good claim to promotion next season.

Another club capable of getting it right and winning that league, even more of a reason to be out of it. Will be incredibly competitive again next season.

Sheff Wed
Derby
MK Dons
Wycombe
Ipswich
Oxford
Pompey
Plymouth
Barnsley
Peterborough

Any of them are capable of winning that league.

Tbh I don't think Wycombe will be up there next season, even if they manage to keep Ainsworth.
Wednesday's chances also depend on keeping Bannon which is 50/50
We would have passed the league if Neil agreed to another attempt having lost out this time

Last edited:
18 games played out of a possible 46
0 goals.
0 assists.

One of my favourites from last summer.
I might have got that one slightly wrong..

Pretty much the moment I said that he seemed to lose all confidence.
Wes Burns was the only one to impress me for consistency.
Our best player for sure
Whilst I remember as well, good to see you lads win the playoffs. Clubs like ours with the support we get really ought to be higher than the third tier of English football. The decisions of previous owners shouldn’t mean the fans have to suggger year on year of the sh**e that is league 1 in general - from the refs to the celebrations of sold out car parks ffs.

Was genuinely pleased on two other counts last week to see yous won too:
1 - it’s one less rival for the title next year.
2 - the thought of Wycombe getting promoted would have been bad for football with their anti-football bollox.

As for us with next year in mind, we were a different team under McKenna. Ashton and the board have been doing an excellent job behind the scenes and with recruitment but Cook unfortunately didn’t know how to get us defending. Something like 12 clean sheets in 18 games under McKenna to end the season was a much improved way to end and the majority of us are more than hopeful thag next year will be our year.

Good luck for next season. Give the Scum a battering for us. Am sure I’ll be back on here at some point but who knows - we will have to get promoted first I’d have thought.

Last edited:
A part from the football the worst thing I found in League One was the annual re-shuffel by most of the clubs of the players within the league They same players on short term contracts went around and around. It seemed to me that a club would do well one season then crash the next because they either couldn't hold on to better players or were tempted to take a gamble on someone else - who didn't work our.

Consequently there was very little in the way of "team building" over a couple of seasons going on. For most of the clubs it was a case of would they hit lucky that year with the squad that they had manged to cobble together.

Back